panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-03-21

stitching problem !!

My friends

Hope all are well.

could you please any one explain this problem when i stitch the panorama so I didn't know why this happened??!! i take all photos as well as i can.

my camera is canon 7D and 8.00 lens fisheye and i toke 4 images

www.seastarnetwork.com/pano/pano0.jpg
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2012-03-22

Can you please make a link to the original images for stitching and tell what version and build number of the software you are using.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-03-22
Hi smooth,

find the RAW images on this link

www.seastarnetwork.com/pano/

i have the same issuse whether i made stitching by the RAW directly or when i made its tif files.

the version i used is Panoweaver pro 7.30.6282

this problem i got it a lot of time when i use this camera i don't know what is the problem.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2012-03-22

Your images are very soft and not focused correctly. There is also evidence of dirt on the lens. I stitched your images successfully with Panoweaver 8 and also PTGui Pro. Panoweaver 7 failed (Automatic Stitching) using both algorithms. But again your images being soft on focus are not helping the placement of control points.

You should NOT stitch RAW files ever! RAW files need to be processed correctly to relieve errors (Remove CA, Vignetting and Noise) and add sharpness along with tonal corrections.

Things to do:

• Remove lens and clean from and rear elements.
  • Clean camera sensor.
  • Find better focus by taking a series of shots in manual focus and comparing. Once best position found (tape) focus down on lens.
  • Shoot RAW and process correctly then export to 16 Bit .tif files

Hope this helps.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-03-23
Quote:
  • Find better focus by taking a series of shots in manual focus and comparing. Once best position found (tape) focus down on lens.
  • Shoot RAW and process correctly then export to 16 Bit .tif files

• Thanks A lot but could you explain those two points as more information in easy step what I have to do for each.

Thanks again
    Alternate Text
    Send Msg:
    2012-03-24
    Here a quick overview of the Canon w/ Video talks about Shooting in Raw (setup) and some on Manual Mode setup
    Canon 7D Setup Video

Another good Video for Shooting in Manual Mode By Adoram TV
    Canon 7D in Manual Mode
    It helps me to see how it is done
    Hope this helps you rawan
    Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
    ----
    To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy
    Alternate Text
    Send Msg:
    2012-03-25
    thanks for those link but all talking about the setting in general. could you please tell me which custom setting for take a panorama?

thanks
    Alternate Text
    Send Msg:
    2012-03-25

rawan,

Sorry I shoot with a Nikon and don't know Canon product.  Search the forum for Canon

Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
    ----
    To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy
    Alternate Text
    Send Msg:
    2012-03-26
    Thank you

could any one have or know about setting of canon 7D??!!
    Alternate Text
    Forum Moderator
    Send Msg:
    2012-03-26

All "PASM" mode cameras work pretty much the same.

You want to be in manual mode (M).

Set the Aperture to f/11, measure the light colour for White Balance using any known method (See link) Your ISO should be set as low as possible (to avoid grain) and then the Shutter Speed set to match the "average" light of the metered scene. You adjust this to match the internal camera light meter that is shown via the LCD. The meter is shown as a line of dashes -2ev|--|--|+2v it is the centerline that is 0ev and this is the mark at which you set your shutter speed. You use the camera thumb wheel to adjust the settings.

All that is mentioned is "normal and expected" manual camera knowledge and is shown and explained in the camera owners manual.

Being able to shoot quality panoramas requires you to know how to drive your camera in manual mode.

Regards, Smooth [8D]