panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-10-31

Price check

Hi everybody out there.

Hopefully with in the next couple of months I will up grade my equipment to a Canon 5D and nikkor 10,5 mm.

The only problem is I need a little more cash before I can up grade.

I would like to know what the prices are around the world for these 2 components. The camera and lense So I know if it would be better to buy it some where other then Denmark.

I hope you will help me.

Best regards

MOrten Andersen

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-10-31

Off one seller here in Australia you can buy the lens for $1030.00 AUD and the Camera for $3995.00 AUD. (Last time I looked!)

Use www.xe.com to convert to your currency.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-11-01

Hi Smooth

Thanks for your reply :o)

Is that with or with out VAT? If it is excl. VAT the price is about the same as in Denmark.

Best regards

MOrten Andersen

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-11-01

That price is including 10% GST which you can remove as you are outside of Australia.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-11-07

Hi

I just found a seller in Denmark selling both items for a total of 4430 AUD (at current rate) ex. vat

Smooth I want to ask you something.

If I buy this set up - Canon 5D and Nikkor 5mm - and let you moderate an adaptor. Will I be able to rely on using f.11 at all times and produce a propper result??

With your help (I remember you offered to help newbies and others with pano photography over ICQ) how long should the learning curve be when switching from a coolpix 8700 & fc-e9 lense set up?? I want to do 3 hemi panos with this set up and thereby improve the sharpness of my panos.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-11-07

Hi Morten,

That price seems very good.

You will pretty much be able to get away with an aperture of F/11.0 and use the ISO and Shutter Speed settings to compensate when needed (rarely).

At this point in time I'm very busy teaching one on one three other people. Though they will be done shortly as all are making good progress.

For you we should be able to get you up to speed within 2 hours of live chat and some tasks with your new DSLR set up, I would think. There is no risk in improving your panorama sharpness and general panorama work.

Regards, Smooth