panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-08

mRotatorCS & CP

Hi,

Agnos has the mRotator CS & CP.  I appears to be another that can be used with the D70.  Their manual actually shows a D70 used with it.

It appears to be an easy setup and shoot also.  The manual says you can do one in 2 minutes.

How does this compare to the mRotatorTCPs with the ringT?

Any experiences with the CS/CP would be appreciated.

I will be using the same camera for still and panos which means I'll remove & reinstall the camera on the head all the time.  I just want to know which would be better suited to my application.

Thanks,
eagle

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-01-09

MrotatorTCS is the same as the MrotatorTCPS except the "P" = professional Manfrotto Quick Release is not included.

MrotatorTCP is the same as MrotatorTCPS but is not the "S" = Short version but includes the "P" Professional Manfrotto Quick Release. This is more suited for use with long zoom lenses not fisheye lenses. (although they will work on it also) Just you are carrying extra weight.

• P = Professional Manfrotto Quick Release
  • S = Short

Clear as mud!

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-09
Hi smooth,

If you go to the agnos site, they have this product called mRotatorC. It puts the dslr on a diagonal for taking panos.

It is a different product altogether from the mRotatorTCP.

Could you ps check it out and give your assessment on how it compares to the TCP?

Will it be harder to set up and use?

With it being tilted, does it add more steps to the workflow in stitching the images?

Would appreciate your wisdom.

Thanks,
eagle
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-01-09

The MrotatorC is not supported by Panoweaver. I also find the MrotatorTCPS easier to use and stitch as you have more overlap to assign and align control points either manually or automatically.

See my sample using the MrotatorC Panohead here

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-09

Thanks smooth.

TCP it is then with the ringT.  :)

Not sure if Martino/agnos are around though.  I haven't gotten a response from them from the two emails I've sent him in the past days.

r,
eagle