panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24

Hi SMooth

I think you are right. What I am most worried about with the nikkor lense is the weight and the fact that I have to operate it manually.

I think I will opt for the sigma lense, and thank you for the great example :o)

Now I just have to decide what rotator to get. I nkow you will suggest Agnos. But as far as I understand it, it is hard to find the nodal point and I will be using the new 5D for other things then panoramic photography, so it will be a hurdle if I have to find the exact nodal point every time :o(

Thanks for the advice.

best regards

Morten

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-01-24

Setting the NPP (not nodal point) is a piece of cake and very easy.

Using a RingT you can leave the Sigma lens set exactly on the NPP position and attach - detach the Camera body with ease without ever messing up the NPP.

But seeing you are saving all that money by not buying the Nikkor 8mm you can waste it on a "batch" panohead.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24

Hi SMooth

Well then that is sorted your i guess *lol* Excuse my silly question, but what is a "batch" panohead?? Is that just another word for at professionell panohead like the one from agnos??

I guess my purchase list now includes:

1x canon 5d

1x sigma 8mm lense

1x agnos tcp short

1x Ring T

1x agnos telescopic pole

DAMN I will have to use a lot of money *lol*

Best regards

Morten Andersen
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-01-24

A batch panohead is one that is CAD designed and CNC milled for the best accuracy. The closest Agnos comes is the RingT on the MrotatorT for keeping the NPP in place.

This list you have set up is all good too me.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24

Hi Smooth

Thanks for explaining that to me.

I have just visited www.agnos.com To me it seems that there are many different versions of the different rotators.

Eg the TCP short comes in 3 versions:

1) "MrotatorTCSshort" Kit MrotatorT with bracket for Cylindrical and/or Cubical multirow "Portrait" Standard panoramic images.

Specific for SIGMA 8mm, NIKON 10,5mm and all the Wide-Angle.

EURO 280,00 (+ IVA)

2) "MrotatorTCPshort" Kit MrotatorT with bracket for Cylindrical and/or Cubical "Portrait" Professional panoramic images.

EURO 320,00 (+ IVA)

3) "MrotatorTCP" Kit MrotatorT with bracket for Cylindrical and/or Cubical "Portrait" Professional panoramic images.

EURO 330,00 (+ IVA)

Can you advice me what is the right one to order??

also I cant find the Ring T. do you know the price of this one?

Is i correct that there is 2 versions of the Agnos telescopic pole?? If so what is the best??

I am sorry for these questions, but it is a big investment for me to buy this equipment so I want to make absolutely sure that I get it right the 1st time. So I have to know exactly what to write in my email to Agnos so I can use the canon 5D and new sigma lense properly to do a 3 hemi pano. (btw. the new sigma lense is very hard to find here in DK. Do you have any suggestion where to get it at a good price online??)

i hope you get the time to take a look at my questions :o)

Best regards

Morten

Best regards

Morten Andersen
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-01-24

Morten,

You basically need what Eagle purchased recently.

"Kit4 MrotatorTCPShort"

See this page

With the MrotatorH (Pole) you can use either the fiberglass version or the better carbon fiber version (Stackable) the Telescopic is not suitable for the weight of the 5D. (Do not use a battery grip with either) too much weight.

You will also need a

• Three38
  • Footplate for TBS

I have explained the suffix to Eagle in previous threads. Take my word for it. What I have just suggested is correct unless Agnos says different.

Be sure to specify the version of Sigma 8mm to Agnos also as the F/4 and the F/3.5 have different RingT sizes.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24
Quote: Originally posted by Wide-Eyes on January-23-2007Hi So that means that the lense found here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nikon-8-8mm-Fish-eye-Nikkor-finder_W0QQitemZ280072249903QQihZ018QQcategoryZ107925QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

would be suitable if I buy a canon 5D?? :o) Best regardsMorten

Noooo thats an ancient 8mm f8 lens not a 8mm f2.8 lens so has completely different serial numbers. Thats why I said DON'T buy the ones from nuenberg, they are all weird old models. They have been trying to flog them for ages.

Anyway I see you decided just to get a sigma anyway, but anyone else reading this watch out you really have to pay attention to buy a 8mm nikkor.

Oh and incedentally when you look for a sigma 8mm make sure you get the f3.5 version not the older f4 version.
Oh and to forestall your next question if you want to know were to find a sigma f3.5 for canon which is out of stock everywere I don't know.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-26

Hi zxcvbn

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I know it is the f 3.5 lensen I have to get. But it seems impossible to find. When I called the dealer he said that it would take from 2 days to 6 months to get home from the manufacturer. THATs a long time *lol*

Best regards

Morten Andersen
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-13
I put mine on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Nikon-Fisheye-NIKKOR-TOP-Zustand_W0QQitemZ120304136363QQihZ002QQcategoryZ3323QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Nikon Fisheye - NIKKOR TOP-Zustand!
1:5.6 f=6mm 220 660042     Artikelnummer: 120304136363