panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-04-03

would this work

i have this lens and was wondering if i could make a full 360 pano with the top and bottom shots. i dont have a lot of money right now. I guess I would need to get a pano head.
any ways here is what the lens will do. If you think it will work.how many shot would i need to take?

http://www.lakeareavirtualtours.com/tours/DSCF2054.JPG

Thanx,
                           Chris
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-04-03

Well, not sure what lens or camera took that picture.  Appears to be a camera with a 2/3rd sensor size because it creates a 'drum type' image.

Probably 4 images around at 90 degrees and 1 Zenith UP shot wold work.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-04-03
exif says a fuji s9000 so either a fc-e9 or most likely something dodgy off ebay, posibly saying titanium geniune made in japan? If fc-e9 it will work. If not it won't work with panoweaver 4 very easily, possibly with version 5 when it comesout.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-04-03
im using a fuji fine pix s9000. the lens is, pretty dodgy. I got it when I got my camera. its a 0.45x wide angle with macro "says it can do 180 degrees. but if I can make it work ,it will save me some money for know.
      So what else would I need. Is the any cheap pano heads/brackets out there. also I need a new tripod.
Thanx for the help. im just trying to get away from the one shot
lens.
                             Thank you
                                 Chris
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-04-04

Chris,

I would give that lens a wide berth. The Chromatic Aberration is shocking (See the Red and Cyan colour shifts) Personally I would buy a purpose built camera and fisheye lens like a Nikon Coolpix or better still a DSLR with Fisheye.

But if you are limited on budget then the Nikon FC-E9 with adapters will do the job. I recommend you purchase an Agnos www.agnos.com MrotatorB panohead to suit this lens as the NPP is already correctly set making this a no brainer.

Most of the other panohead in the cheaper range cannot deal with the FC-E9 lens.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-04-04
Smooth -
     Thank you for the great advice. Do you know if My Fuji Fine pix S9000 camera would work with the FC-E9 Lens?Would I need to get some sort of lens adapter?
      Would be great if I didn't have to buy a new camera.
                        Thank You,
                                 Chris
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-04-05
ok i have narrowed it down between the raynox dcr-cf185pro around $300 (and it works with my fuji s9000) or the Nikon Fisheye FC-E9 $200 ( and I dont know if it will work with my camera.)   My lens thread is 58mm and the fc-e9 is what?(I thought i saw 46mm)   would that lens work with a step down ring?Please let me know what you guys would do.
I have a job coming up and i need to get this figured out.
Thank you for the help.

Take Care
                                   Chris