panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-04-17

Help needed with D70..please

Hi

i just put together new VR kit and i cant figure out how to setup the lens with the camera settings..
can please please someone help me with "step by step" guide :)

note: i have Nikon D70 / Sigma 8mm / Manfrotto 303SPH

many thanks
Best Regards
Ran
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-04-18

Ok I will start. [note we use a Canon 20d and 5d] but the process is the same with other cameras.

The No Parallax Point (NPP) on the Sigma 8mm lens is the GOLD RING.   You will need to calibrate your camera/lens to find the NPP.

You might consider looking at the Canon 20d and Agno's TCP short .pdf  when visiting this page

http://360texas.com/services/software/agnos/index.htm

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-04-18
Hi Texas

thanks alot for the info, i didnt even knew about that.

1 more quick question please... what will give me best quality image with auto-focus setting? i mean... do u know the "program wheel" on the Nikon that have 4 letters (P,S,A,M) or i just should use the Auto and disable the flash?

Many Thanks
Best Regards
Ran
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-04-19

Autofocus off,  focus ring to infinity and aperature open to  f/8, dial camera to A/V or aperature priority makes your view IN FOCUS from 4" [10cm] in front of the lens glass to infinity ALL in focus.  This is a very deep depth of field.  Typically we do not use the Flash when taking panoramas.

Some friends of mine suggested taking 2 pictures with the above settings.  1 single picture with high detail at f/8  and 1 same view at f/22.  Then open both in Photoshop and zoom in to 100% and compare the sharpness of both images.  The f/8 image will be sharper.  F/8 is the sweet spot for the lens.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com