panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-02

Hmm you might need a different flavor of USB cable.

The HD pole is about 20 feet high  (6 meters).

The USB cable that comes with the Canon 5d is about 3' long (1 meter).

I think Canon has a Wireless Controller LC-5  effective up to 330ft 100 meters.  It plugs into the normal remote switch plug on the camera.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-02

@ Eagle

Yes I know ot would be hard doing alone. But with someone helping it should be possible :o)

There is actually a program that can be used to control a nikon camera from a laptop if Nikon do not already provide this as a standard with new cameras?

@ Simon

I did not know that. Thank you for sharing the information. I have not yet had the time to go through all the stuff in the package. I have just started reading the manual....

@ Dave

Yes I also considered a wireless controller. It must be the most practical .o)

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-04
Hi Morten,

Yes, Nikon has a similar program. It's called camera control pro. I have it. It has limited features compared to breezesys.

Thanks,
eagle
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-04

I agree it would be a challenge EVEN if you had the camera tethered to a notbook for taking bracketing images from the "pole top".

Bracketed images would only be sucessful IF you had the camera on a tripod where the camera would not move between bracketed images. 

My experience with a pole is:  I could not keep the camera steady or in the same exact postion to do bracketing.

I personally do not think that Photomatix could align bracketed images taken say 1 or 2 inches (2 to 4mm) distance horizontally apart.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-05-28

Ok.. we use the fiberglass tapered segments HD pole. This pole is telescoping. Means you pull out the inner section until it friction grips tight the next tapered section until all sections are extended.  The 5d weight is heavy.. but easily pushed up to full height.  The pole is light weight fiberglass.  Each section is "Pinned" into place so that it will not accidently collapse.

MrotatorHCarbon" Mrotator for "High" Panoramas
Carbon Fiber STACKABLE.

The HS and HC are stackable and the 5d is too heavy for this pole.  The HS is certainly too flexable at the top for the 5d weight. 

Stackable means you lift and place 1 section at a time on top of the lower section.  Stackables are good for light weight cameras.

After 1 year Canon 5d use, my choice would be the Fiberglass HD.  As for Rotator, you do not need one for the HD.  It has a built inside foot plate clickable rotator that works very well.  For the 5d I would use 3 or 4 shot click stops.  You will need some device like the Sigma 8 RingT to connect the camera to the top of the pole using a 3/8" diameter threaded screw

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-04
What if you shoot RAW and after processing, save them 2 times as tiff or jpg, with -2 and +2ev, and then use photomatix?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-04
Hey Photomatrix users:

When you batch process your bracketed shots, what settings are you using in photomatrix - Are you using the 'H&S Auto' or the tone mapping from the HDR image? If you are using the Tone mapping, what settings are you using?

I have been using DRI Pro (fredmiranda.com) photoshop plugin and I am ok with the results, but there is no batch processor so it takes forever (6 shots per pano and some time about 50 panos at a time makes for having to run the program 300 times a day). So I am looking for a way to automate the process (at least for cheaper real estate tours)...

Any thoughts for how I might achieve the best overall results quickly by utilizing Photomatrix? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-04

Vilmar,  It is not an issue of shooting RAW and saving them at different EV settings.

Think about the process. You raise the extended pole.. the camera is up at the top.  Now while you hold the pole vertical... the top is bending and moving around under the weight of the Canon 5d.  Each image you take.. will be at different top of pole locations because the pole will be bending and swisting around..  So EV settings is not even close.

IF you set the 5d to take +2 0 and -2 bracketing you will be very lucky to get all 3 images taken in the same position.

Try it you will like it.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-04
Hi Dave,
yes I can imagine that it's hard to take 2 or 3 exactly the same pics in every direction.

I mean is, what if you take a total of 3 pics (RAW), 1 for every direction, open them in Camera Raw, adjust the white balance saturation and everything, and then save them as jpg's in 3 different exposures.
That way you will have 3 exactly the same pics for every direction with different exposures. I guess you can develop these in Photomatix or not?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-05
Ah.... ok now I understand.  Thanks.
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com