panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-09-11

I need help choosing the right equipment.

Hey I'm looking to get into doing virtual tours for real estate agencies around me, and I'm trying to pick the best setup. I know this all a matter of opinion, but i've narrowed it down to the Canon 40d with sigma 8mm lens and the Mrotator. Now my questions are, which model of the mrotator do i need to buy and I will be using easypano, how many shots will i have to take using this setup, and just to clarify the mrotator has the correct "stops" for taking these images with a sigma 8? Thanks for the help.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-09-11
Another Quick note - i need to take spherical Panos- and I was wondering if there is a way to take sphericals without having the tripod in floor shot? Not a big deal just curious.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-09-11

You require a MrotatorTCPShort from www.agnos.com

Using the Canon 40D and Sigma 8mm Fisheye you will need to take 4 shots at 90 degrees (the camera will be in portrait mounting position). These will be stitched in "Drum" image type in Panoweaver 4.0 or 5.0 You may also elect to shoot an Up/Top/Zenith and Down/Bottom/Nadir shot. This will not exclude the tripod. For this to happen you would have to photograph that area hand held. Typically people clone or cap the tripod out of the view.

Regards, Smooth