panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-10-23

Well there you go! :O)

Who said we didn't know what we are talking about?

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-24

Hey guys,

Am I missing something here? It looks like the same pano in the two links, they both have a black hole top and bottom. I thought the Sigma would do 3 @ 120 degrees without the need for shooting T & B, is this where the crop factor comes in?

Think I could see a couple of the unstitched stills?

Thanks,

Roadkill
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-10-24

If you are using a 1.6 crop factor Canon or 1.5 crop factor Nikon. That is a camera without a full size sensor you need to shoot at a minimum 4 shots in  portrait position at 90 degrees. You will get "small" Zenith and Nadir holes that are easily patched in Photoshop or you can choose to shot up and down shots and stitch them in.

Tilting the camera/lens up around 5 degrees will close the Zenith hole but enlarge the nadir hole (this is recommended) then you only need patch or cap the nadir tripod.

The only way you can get away with 3 shots with the Sigma 8mm is with the Agnos MrotatorC Oblique panohead (But Panoweaver cannot stitch these) or by using a full size sensor camera like the Canon 5D or Canon 1Ds.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-10-08

Mate, I'm not familiar with the 055CL Manfrotto tripod.

But yes, if it is stable enough simply remove the standard head and fit a Manfrotto #222. Using a Hotshoe bubble level is a good idea (I always do).

Sure mention to Agnos that "Smooth" recommended your products. Agnos always looks after the people I send his way.

Sorry I don't know anything about Canadian online shopping or the rules for import to your country.

Regards, Smooth