panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-18

upgrading/replacing suggestions?

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere in this forum so I apologize, but my computer time is at a premium right now.

Recently I was the victim of a break & enter and lost all of my panoramic equipment, computer, pano files etc. One thing they left was my rotator head (guess they didn't know what it was) So I have a MrotatorB.

I have to replace equipment asap, and figure I might as well do an upgrade from the cp8800/fc-e9 system I was using to a dslr.

I will be purchasing used equipment in order to facilitate a purchase asap.

What I assume I will be purchasing the MrotatatorTCP short along with a sigma 8mm. My questions are as follows:

1) What camera do you suggest I purchase for this pkg
2) Does anyone know off hand if I will need to purchase a full MrotatorTCP short system or will I be able to purchase parts for use with parts of my MrotatorB?

Thank you in advance for your help/suggestions.

Ryan
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-10-18

Ryan,

The base of your MrotatorB is an Agnos RotatorM and can be used on the Mrotator TCS Bracket for 130 Euros or MrotatorU Bracket for 100 Euros. To buy these together you would order a MrotatorUM for 190 Euros.

So basically you would be saving yourself 90 Euros against the MrotatorU or Mrotator *TCS Bracket. So I suppose you would have to weigh up how much you would get if your sold your MrotatorB.

*Note the TCS Bracket is not the TCPS Bracket that includes the Manfrotto 323 quick release and priced at 160 Euros. Alos note that the MrotatorTCPS is "normally" supplied with the more up market Agnos RotatorT base.

As for buying a camera you can safely buy pretty much any DSLR Canon and get good results. The full digital Rebel range or the D range. 300D/Rebel, 350D/Rebel XT, 400D/Rebel XTi or 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 5D etc. All the Rebel range is light weight plastic and well suited to the Agnos MrotatorU. The 10D to 5D etc are metal body and better suited to the MrotatorTCPS.

Of course you can go the Nikon path also if you choose.

Either way the Sigma F3.5 8mm Fisheye Lens is a good choice.

It will not make a huge difference with a higher pixel count camera. Anything 6+ megapixel and up will be fine for fullscreen panorama display on the Internet. 

If you get stuck or you are just not sure, ask me before parting with your cash.

Regards, Smooth