panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-02-06

Dx0 and Sigma 8mm?

Sorry - bit off 'topic' this but has anyone used this software with the Sigma 8mm lens? Is it any good at making the fisheye image seem 'normal'?

I've downloaded the demo but dont have any images to play about with

d'oh!

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-02-12

Ah darn!
Thanks - sorry about the delay in replying..I couldn't find the post!

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-02-07

From what I can see it only lists the Older Sigma f/4.0 8mm Fisheye (Canon) and not at all for Nikon DSLR's

See the .pdf

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-02-07
I tested this software after seeing its reviews in photography magazines - The professionals were acting like the was the best software since Adobe Photoshop so I had to look into it... First of all, you must have at least 3 GB of ram or it will likely freeze on you. My PC with 1 GB wouldn't process the images - the PC with 3 GB would (similar processors). I found that it was a great too for reducing noise, but not much, if any, better than Photoshop. If they do not have your camera/lens combination listed as being supported, the software is completely useless. I'd invest in something that's still going to work for you should you ever decide to change camera/lens.

All in all, I used it several times during trial period to test with 350d/sigma 8mm combination and didn't find it useful enough to buy - I get better results with the new canon 40D and sigma anyway now (combination not supported by this software yet).
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans