panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-04-29

A, B, C suggested equipment list

Hello,

Long time tourweaver and panoweaver owner, though I really haven't taken advantage of panoweaver I believe. Currently I am shooting tours with a One shot 360 lens, Rebel Xt, and dumping those into Tourweaver. This has worked out well, but sometimes i am frustrated with glare, or the quality of the tours. I am sure this has been asked, but what would be the "professional" suggested equipment list?

i.e.
Camera Model
Fisheye or one shot
Tripod
Pano head?

If you have a formula that is working for you let me know and we can swap stories and in the morning I am making waffles! ;)

Appreciate the advice, links,help or banter.

:)

Chap
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-04-30

G'day Chap,

Your biggest issue will be the one-shot lens.

The Canon Rebel XT 350D is a very adequate camera and needs only to be mated with a good fisheye lens like the Sigma 8mm f/3.5 Circular Fisheye or Sigma 10mm f/2.8 Full Frame Fisheye.

Mount this on top of a Nodal Ninja 3 MKII or Agnos MrotatorUM and set the correct camera/lens position to rotate around the NPP (Non Parallax Point) and your in business.

There are of course many options for camera bodies and lenses but in the main they are do similar jobs.

Tell us what you really want to achieve and how much money you wish to part with and I'm sure we can come up with a good selection for your to choose from.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Super Admin
Send Msg:
2008-04-30

FYI, please refer to the compatible equipment list at http://www.easypano.com/pw5-equipment.html.

Easypano
The Virual Tour Way
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-04-30
Hey guys,

Thanks smooth for the suggestions, and admin for the link. I was unaware of that link.

Sure thing the end result I am looking to achieve is a higher resolution tour that allows for cleaner zoom-ins, less blown out windows(from light). I am willing to fore-go a longer production time to increase the quality.

Currently the budget is around 3-4 thousand USD.

Appreciate the help, and looking forward to getting my hands dirty with panoweaver finally. :)
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-04-30

Chap,

For the money your talking I would be looking seriously at a Canon 5D with Canon 15mm Fisheye lens. OR the Nikon D300 with Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye Lens. The Canon has a full size sensor and is what I use personally. The Nikon D300 has a wider bracketing feature but is still a APS-C small sensor with a 1.5x crop factor.

I would then be looking at the Agnos MrotatorTCPS or the Nodal Ninja 5L Panohead quickly followed by a new quality tripod like the Velbon Sherpa 650 series or maybe the Manfrotto 055XPROB.

If I was to have any money left I would be buying a Sigma 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye lens for the times when moving objects were a factor.

Learning and using bracketing is the answer to the window blow out issues. Not to mention learning how to use the camera in full manual mode.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-06-17
Hey guys,

A little bump on this thread, as I am finally looking to make the purchases after a bit of research and holiday of course. ;)

What is the major differences between the Nodal Ninja 3 or 5L? From the site I see it is a matter of size?

Appreciate the help from the community.

W
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-22

Smooth,

Don't mean to butt into this thread, but I noticed you kept mentioning the NN5(L) and the Agnos TCPShort.  From what I can see, the NN5L kit will set me back right at $400 + tax and the TCPShort will set me back about $500 + tax.  Is it worth paying the diff. or are equal results possible, and build quality eqitable?  Thought I'd ask you as you seem to have the voice of experience and wisdom here on the forums! 

Cheers
Donald Hill
don@Our360World.com
Our360World.com
Nikon D200 | Nikon 10.5 | Nodal Ninja 5L | PW 5 | TW 3
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-05-22

Donald,

Either would be perfectly acquaint for the job. I own and use both and can fully recommend the products and customer service. The Agnos has the advantage "if" you add the RingT to it.

Regards, Smooth