panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-06-12

Canon 350d XT Rebel Battery Err 99

Canon 350d  XT Rebel Battery error 99

Picked up the camera and noticed ERR 99 on the LCD.   Opened the user manual to Error Codes on page 157  and read

"An error other than the above has occured.  Remove and re-install the battery.  This error may occur if you use a non-Canon lens and the camera or lens does not operate properly as a result"

Ok  removed the battery,  charged it up,  installed the battery, closed the battery door.  Turned on the camera... NOTHING  very dead camera.

Removed and reinstalled the Compact flash card,  thinking I might have a corrupt CF.  NOTHING VERY VERY DEAD.

Opened the battery door again and removed the battery... oh look there is ANOTHER battery in battery chamber.  The top reads  CR2016.   Seems there is a separate battery for the DATE /TIME.  This battery case slides out larger battery housing.

I checked the thin CR2016  and the meter read 2.867Volts... its a 3.0V battery.. so battery is still good after 3 or 4 years.

Installed both batteries... turned on the camera... LCD came up properly...  now CAMERA IS ALIVE and WELL.  AGAIN.

SHhhhhhh  I thought I was going to have an opportunity to buy a new camera.  Guess not this time.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com