panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-10

The virtues of buying local

Update to the problem I was having with my Nikon D300. I just took it back to the local camera store and with no questions asked an instant over the counter swap. I showed them the pictures with the problem, they swapped it out.
A plug for a great camera store, it was Wolf Camera in Greenville, SC, USA.
I understand there are a lot of great web camera stores but if I can find it local I will use them.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-10
I know a lot of people "learn local" and "shop global", using local stores to gain information, then shopping online for what seems like the best price. Hope they get a good of service as you got, but I doubt they will. Glad they took care of it for you!
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-08-10

That is good to hear Jerry.

Still it would have been nice to have found out exactly what was causing the issue.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-10

Yes it would have been nice to know what the problem was but they are only sales people.

Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-15
It's a good way to check locally and shop online. Though need to take care of things like afterwards service. Online business is definitely growing fast. Another service we provide on OurExplorer is about private tourist guides. Check at home, book online, and enjoy the service overseas.
http://www.ourexplorer.com
local guides, local wisdom
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-15
Hi Jeanliu and welcome to the forum. Do you think it's fair, business wise, to pick the brain and waste the time of the local guy and then spend the money with you online? It's my opinion, and I am the worlds expert on my opinion, that if you're definitely going to shop online you should do your research online. Am I guilty of doing it, yes, but I have learned a lesson. If I can find it local I will buy local. I will compare prices and try to bargain on the price but I plan to purchase local when I can. As a matter of fact I did bargain on my set-up, I told them what I could get it for on the web and they gave me a matching price. Of course they are not going to match the price of the "rip-off" websites.