panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-09-29

Lens for Canon 5D

Hi

right now I have the follow equipment: Canon 450D, sigma 8mm 3,5, Agnos Ring T.

I use Panoweaver 5.0 and Tourweaver 4.0

I do 4 shots (raw mode) around ( I never do the bottom and UP), tilt 5 /8 and I always put a cap.

I want to upgrade for a Canon 5D, and my question is wich is the best Lens for this camera, because I'm not happy with the quality of the images from the sigma, they are not very sharp .. (and I follow the recommendations in this forum).

So,what is the best lens,and what rotor I need.

Note: I will continue to put a cap, if it's possible, I would like to make the shots around (without top and bottom)

Regards

Regards
Luis
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-09-29
The Sigma 8mm is a very good lens and with the right processing can yield nice sharp images but it is all in the workflow.

A sharper lens would be the Canon 15mm Fisheye or even the Sigma 15mm Fisheye but both will require 6 shots around with 10/15 degree tilt down and then 1 +65/90 up/zenith shot.

The only other option is to modify an APS-C/DX small sensor lens by removing the lens hood (shaved). Then you have the option of Tokina 10-17 Zoom Fisheye, Samyang 8mm Fisheye or even the Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye. All three mention once shaved can shoot 3 images in rotation (on the 5D) with 5/8 degree tilt up the same as the Sigma 8mm.

The fact you say the Sigma 8mm is not sharp points out to me that you are not getting the most from it and your workflow could be improved.

Show us some examples.

Regards, Smooth