panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-12-16

Canon XTI, Sigma 10-22, NN3 - pls help!

I've done everything I can to avoid asking for your help, but I am truly all out of options.

I'm currently using a Canon Rebel XTI (soon upgrading to Canon 7D), a Nodal Ninja 3, and am trying to use my Sigma 10-20 wide angle lens to get the photos necessary to assemble a spherical or cubic panorama.

The research I've done suggests that the best way to achieve good results with this set up is like this:
-1 row of 8 portrait photos at 30 degrees up
-1 row of 8 portrait photos at 30 degrees down
-1 photo up
-1 photo down

Panoweaver 6 (trial) is giving me a hard time right off the bat with stitching the top and bottom 8 photos.

1- What settings should I be using in "image type" in the right column?
2- With my kit, what NPP is optimal?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-12-16

Hello Friend,

Please visit here:http://www.easypano.com/Panorama-software-47_380.html  to get the tips of taking photos.

I suggest you to try panoweaver7 which is more powerful.

This is donald from easypano,welcome you to use our products and visit our forum.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-12-19
I am using a Canon Rebel XTI and was planning on upgrading to a Canon 7D. Both of these cameras are not full frame.

What I'm hearing from other pano forums is that my Sigma 10-22 lens might be the main reason for my problems with getting a proper stitch.

Is it possible to use Panoweaver properly with a lens that isn't listed in your equipment compatibility chart? Or is it necessary for me to use a lens recognized by your program that also is compatible with my camera.

What do you think?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2010-12-21

Hello Friend,

You may use sigma 4.5mm/8mm/10mm lens.

Sigma 4.5mm lens: you need to take only 3 shots(do not need to take top and bottom images)and the stitch time is also very short, but the quality of the images are not very good.

Sigma8mm lens: 4shots(do not need to take top and bottom images), stitch time is also very short,the quality is better than 4.5mm lens.

Sigma10mm lens: 8 shots( 6+T+B), the time used to stitch panorama is a little longer, but the quality is the best.

This is donald from easypano,welcome you to use our products and visit our forum.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2010-12-22
Quote: Originally posted by donald on December-21-2010

Sigma10mm lens: 8 shots( 6+T+B), the time used to stitch panorama is a little longer, but the quality is the best.

Quality is the best? I don't agree with that at all. The Sigma 10mm Fisheye suffers badly from Chromatic Aberration far more so than the Sigma 8mm. While you might get a larger image there are far better alternatives to the Sigma 10mm. The Samyang 8mm and Tokina 10-17mm Zoom Fisheye for a start.

Regards, Smooth [8D]