panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2011-02-23

Hello Rawan,

Your question asks for everything and then you finish with best price!

No matter how you look at it you are going to need a top end DSLR camera to meet your requirements. Your starting point will be a Nikon D7000 or Canon 550D. With a Nikon D700, Canon 5DMKII a step up to full frame. In between you have the Nikon D300s and the Canon 7D.

First you need to make up your mind Nikon or Canon. Second APS-C/DX sensor or Fullframe/FX sensor.

Once you have a camera you need to choose a lens. You start with how many shots you want vs the resolution required. This can be a fisheye lens from 4.5mm to 16mm. That requires as little as 2 shots to 17 shots to cover the sphere.

Or you can use a rectilinear lens requiring many more shots.

What's your preference?

Regards, Smooth [8D]

P.S: Even once you own the best equipment for the job you still have to learn how to get the most from it.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-02-24
Hi Smooth,

thanks you for your replay.

I know perfectly well that the professional requirements mean a higher price, but what I mean that all what I need is tools to meet my desires only in terms of quality panoramic images.

For example, visit this site:
http://www.lucaplacido.com/Virtual%20Tours/Indice_Virtual_tours.htm
http://helivision.se/panos/sto/nybroviken.html

you will see many pictures in my opinion, it is better, but there is excellent more its, how can I get such pictures or that are no less quality?!

I know exactly what all the requirements, I'm doing Panorama since more than 4 years but I always use the fisheye 180 to pick any two or three pictures, but keep the image quality are particularly bad in a few places lighting. I want solutions to portray the haven't few light places as well as when taking pictures in the evening? Is it good tools for that?

Do not worry about the prices but what I mean I want the best solutions to achieve my desires. so which camera kit and how many pics I need to do??... etc

thanks

Hate
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2011-02-24

The links you posted and the tours within could be made with Canon 550D and Sigma 8mm, Samyang 8mm or Tokina 10-17mm. Nikon D5000 and  Sigma 8mm, Samyang 8mm or Nikkor10.5mm. These would be your starting options.

The more expensive models will be better with higher ISO and other useful features.

Personally I like the Canon 7D and the Nikon D300s in the smaller APS-C/DX sensor range. The Canon 5DMKII or Nikon D3s in the fullframe/FX size sensor.

What equipment do you use today?

Regards, Smooth [8D] 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-05-10

Hi!

I`m going to buy a Canon Rebel T3i / EOS 600D  wich lens could be the best? Sigma 4.5mm f/2.8 EX DC or SIGMA 8mm F3.5 EX DG 

Thanks for your coments

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2011-05-11

SIGMA 8mm F3.5 EX DG

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-05-26

Thanks  

Regards..

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-03-12
Hiiii Smooth

H r u :)
My camera kit arrive today with all what I need.

Now, I want you help me which setting I must to use to get good panorama (camera mood, options...etc)

could you please tell me what is the setting?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-04-05
Hi Smooth,

I need your help so I have a big problem. In fact I had very bussy last time so I didn't use new camera. i have yet test it.

I think the panorama image will be (Drum) and I take 4 image rotators and 2 shot nadir and zenith.

the panorama its good just i need to chose a good light but the problem in top of photos so I must to take zenith shot to see the top but see the image in attached the top image not well :( also the nadir very bad i don't know why?

cpuld you please help me ASAP

shotscreen from the easypano

the panorama pic
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2011-04-05

Rawan,

Drum image type is correct, yes.

I can see that you have not removed the lens cap and ring. You pull the lens cap and ring off together (pull it forward). If you don't do this you fail to use all of the FOV of the lens.

There is no need to a zenith shot using the Sigma 8mm fisheye. You should just tilt the camera/lens on the panohead +5 to +7.5 degrees. This will capture the Zenith area in the rotational shots.

Stitching will only be very good once the NPP is set very good. I doubt you have it correct at this stage.

Upload a full set of images you shoot for testing and I will then offer you some more advise.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-04-05
Quote: I can see that you have not removed the lens cap and ring. You pull the lens cap and ring off together (pull it forward). If you don't do this you fail to use all of the FOV of the lens.

I don't understand this point could you please explain to me with pictures if you can.

Quote:
Stitching will only be very good once the NPP is set very good. I doubt you have it correct at this stage.

What is mean NPP, could you explain this

Thank you for your helping

Rawan