panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-05-26

Sigma DC 8-16mm for panorama?

Hi, is it possible to make a panorama image using sigma ultra wide 8-16mm DC lens? I have been trying but I'm getting weird results.
Thanks in advance for any help on this topic.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2011-05-26

Sure it's possible, so long as you have found the No Parallax Point and you are entering the correct details into Panoweaver.

If you make a set of images available for download I will test them and offer you some further advise.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-05-26
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on May-26-2011

Sure it's possible, so long as you have found the No Parallax Point and you are entering the correct details into Panoweaver.

If you make a set of images available for download I will test them and offer you some further advise.

Regards, Smooth

I will upload the images shortly. Thanks a lot.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-05-26
Here are the images: https://picasaweb.google.com/drmenlinea/PANOSAMPLE?authkey=Gv1sRgCIfQ1vXCio2Q-QE&feat=directlink

Im shooting every 45 degrees (8)images
F/10
Focal lenght 8mm.

Im using this lens: http://www.kenrockwell.com/sigma/8-16mm.htm

Thanks for your help.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2011-05-27

You can see a sample of your stitched panorama by clicking >>> here

You have shot these images in landscape orientation and this is not the norm as you are limiting your vertical field of view (VFOV).

You also have failed in many aspects of the correct shooting procedure. But that said, you can learn these things. It is imperative to have your panohead level as Panoweaver has no way of leveling in stitching or post production.

Your NPP is not 100% correct although it is not out by a long way either. With Panoweaver you will need to select Wide Angle/Normal as the lens choice. The HFOV will be approximately 105 degrees and shooting this way will make for a Cylindrical panorama, 6 shots around is plenty.

You would be well advised to use a panorama head that allows the camera to be positioned in portrait orientation to gain the extra VFOV and possibly learn to shoot multiple rows so that you can create full 360x180 spherical panoramas.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-05-28
Looks like Im showing some progress, see this https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/QuEdPjs8D4NmkiyDfBNFoyTPAyVELq6EEKFSb9d8HAc?feat=directlink
I just shows some error on the horizontal lines, I heard that as many images i use will get less distortion.

I did this images with twelve shots, I dont really need much celling or floor on my panos so horizontal camera will be fine for me. I just need to correct this errors.

Thanks for your help, If i make this software works i will use one of you links to buy it.

Tomm