panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-02

Sigma 8mm on Canon 5D Best setting!

Hi ALL

I have just purchased a camera canon 5d Mrak 2 & a Sigma 8mm fisheye lens to do a high duality panorama.

but i am new in photography

i tried taking some photos in my room and the result was not bad but the lights has no good for looking at it :)

like this :

http://smallnotebook.org/wp-content/uploads/Bubble-Light.jpg

so please can you tell me what is the best setting? for the f-stop, aperture, ISO, and so on!

thank you.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2012-08-03

The Sigma 8mm on a full frame camera (I.E full size sensor) is not ideal for maximum quality as you waste so many pixels to black. The best lens for this camera body is a Canon or Sigma 15mm Fisheye.

That said, the Sigma 8mm is best suited to an aperture of F/8.0. You always should aim for the lowest ISO possible 100ISO.

The camera should be set to (M) manual mode and so should the lens. But first you must fine the "Hyperfocal" distance to give you the clearest possible focus near to far. You can use a Hyperfocal calculator and test with a series of comparable shots.

Quality doesn't come from purchasing equipment alone. Understanding the equipment is where true quality comes from.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-03
Tank you smooth for your reply,

Quote: Originally posted by smooth on August-03-2012

You always should aim for the lowest ISO possible 100ISO.

But when i do that the shutter speed well be slow and that make the lights in the room became so fuzzy in the photo!
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2012-08-03

ISO is a trade off in all situations. The higher the ISO the more noise/grain is introduced to the image. The lower the ISO the quicker the shutter speed at the cost of grain. It is a balancing act. You run some test shots and find what is acceptable for you.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-08-19
I have a Nikon Fisheye FC - E9 Conversion lense. I am not a photographer =    I need to know if anyone is interested in purchasing this item.
Wanona Tabb
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-04-29

Panozon - What do you mean by the light becoming fuzzy?

How did you get on? I'm new on here so only just reading this but I'd be interested to hear.

If you have a tripod, remote shutter release and noone in the shot there should be no problem with a slow exposure. It's better than pushing the ISO too high on the 5D mkI.

Adrian Salisbury

SmartVirtualTours