panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-28

Why can't you do everything perfectly the first time and include all the features we want???

I'll assume you have added it to the suggestion list.

Great product! And thank you for your support.

------------Jeffy

---------------Jeff

WinXP, IE 6.0.2800, Sun Java 2 (v1.4.1), Dell 8300, P4, 3.04, 2 gig, lots of hard disks, TourWeaver, PanoWeaver and other stuff. Call for details! ;-)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-01

You can do it by padding your 2D photo out to a 360x180, then restricting the parameters (auto, fovmin, fovmax, titlmin, ...) to show only the part that  is your original photo.  That means messing about with the file after PTViewer Scripter has created it.

Handcoding PTViewer scripts isn't much fun, but it can be done.  With my fumble fingered typing I was never able to get much to work with PTViewer until I bought Easypano's Scripter.  Making modifications to that output is *MUCH* easier than starting from scratch.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-07

Don't feel bad - I'd bet that 99.9999999% of English speakers don't know what an equirectangular projection is.   It simply uses the "longitude" and "latitude" as the x-y coordinates.

Prof Dersch's documentation for PTViewer (http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~dersch/PTVJ/doc.html) is a good place to start.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-07

OK, I started there. Can you help me go further????

Prof Dersch says 'The "Pan", "Tilt" and "FOV" values which you can set to override the defaults, are easily deduced from the figure above.' Well, I'm a dunce so I can't deduce.

If I want to use a static, 2 dimensional pic I assume....

The tilt would be set to 0

The Pan would be set to 0

I understand the concept of FOV, but I've yet to understand it enought to use it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!!

---------------Jeffy

---------------Jeff

WinXP, IE 6.0.2800, Sun Java 2 (v1.4.1), Dell 8300, P4, 3.04, 2 gig, lots of hard disks, TourWeaver, PanoWeaver and other stuff. Call for details! ;-)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-07
To understand projections keep in mind that *ALL* single images are two dimensional (ignoring the overlapping stereoscopic images which are two pictures). Grasp that thought firmly - your picture does not have a third dimension. Those two dimensions can be represented in an astonishing large number of different ways each of which is a different projection.

Also keep in mind that most of the images used with PTViewer are static - they do not change with time (I believe it is possible to incorporate an animated GIF with PTViewer, but I don't think that is what you are talking about).. PTViewer allows changing the view of that static image, but the image itself is static.

Remember that Prof Dersch is a mathametician. When a math prof says "It can be shown that ...", it means with a couple of days intense work you might be able to get to the conclusion. When he says "It is easy to se that ...", it means with several months work you might just get a slight glimpse of how to get there.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-08
I have a PHD math buddy who tends to say things like this simple formula... or this easy way of working it out is... I then glance over to his book case to see his SEVEN BOOK THESIS ON ROCKETGAS TURBULANCE which he wrote for his PHD and just smile. (And I'm a former Futures broker with good knowledge of options math and probability theory... )
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.