panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-11-16

Martin,

Did you use the default 1000 meters? The location I'm doing doesnt look good at that height. It gets better and better the higher it goes in the 41 images. Did yours start out that way (blurry) on the lower shots?

I have been playing with microsoft live search maps, I think they look better (quality) but there is no handy tool to generate the "landmarks"

Roadkill
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-11-16

Hi, yes I used the default 1000 meters. Its true the image is not as sharp as desired, but it is what you get. I dont know if the paid version of google earth, delivers better quality. I think that some regions are not as sharp as others. It has to do with the interest of the specific zone , I guess.

Regards, Martin

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-11-19

Hi Martin

I just might need your help. I will know more tomorrow :)

Tonight I have to give it a try, because tomorrow I am going to a meeting with a Danish newspaper. They want to talk about the opportunity to use panoramas in their web site. Imagine the exposure I will get if a newspaper stars using my panoramas. It must give me a lot of business in the future - so I am really exited.

Best regards

Morten

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-11-19

Hi, Morten!

Good luck with it!!

Regards, Martin

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-11-13

Yes, last year we started doing these.

I did the Sydney Australia Olympic Site

Also, Uluru (Ayers Rock) - The Red Centre

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-11-13

Hi Smooth

Your examples look absolutely amazing. I love how you can utilize features of these 2 technologies to create something like this.

Where do you wanne go? Ipanema beach in Brazil? The north pole? Now we can take the audience anywhere

Best regards

Morten Andersen
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-11-13

Hi, Morte!

Did you already try it. I just cant found out the way it works. As I am in the south I suppose the input should be negative of the Lat. Long. values, but they take me not very close to where I wanna be. I didnt understand the different screenshots that should be taken. Where place the camera. As you can see, Im lost, but I insist and want to discover how ot works.

Regards, Martin

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-11-13

Morten,

Thank you for the praise, it is a very good idea to combine the technologies.

Martin,

Finding the GPS Longitude and Latitude shouldn't be that hard. Most famous landmarks info can be found on Google. Otherwise grab a GPS unit and go to the site!

The method of doing the panos is not that hard once you get your head around it. Just have some nice pano "Sky's' to choose from and "blur" the horizon for a more realistic join.

Unfortunately Panoweaver cannot be used for the stitching.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-11-13

Hi Martin

I have not tried it, but I plan to try it sometime during the next week. I know that there is a tutorial on the net somewhere, and it should only take about 1 hour to make a panorama. I will post a link one of these days when I get the time to sit in front of my computer again.

Best regards

Morten 

Best regards

Morten Andersen
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-12-03

Hi

Can anyone tell me what the XXX I am doing wrong?

I followed the tutorial @ http://digitalurban.blogspot.com/2006/09/how-to-create-aerial-panorama-from.html 

I got my 41 images that I stitched in PTgui (the trial version) and I ended up with this image: http://www.wideeyes.dk/temp/test.jpg 

As you can see, a small part sticks up in the middle. I know that I can just crop the extra part out of the image, but then the pano is all wrong. It is as if the part that sticks up need to be put back in to the image.

Can anybody guide me to how I might solve this problem?

Best regards

Morten

Best regards

Morten Andersen