panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-03-09

How to make background scatter skin.

I have been ask how I made the skin in this link.
http://realty360tours.com/pro_tour/tuscany/tuscany/TourWeaver_tuscany.html

Open photo that you want to use for the background in PS CS3 (should work in others). I use CS4 but this is based on CS3. The buttons have changed just a little in CS4.
Double click photo to make it editable, change name to anything from background.
Control > click the new layer icon at bottom to create a new layer "below" the original image. Or just create a new layer and drag below the original.
Now fill the new layer with a color, I used white. Edit > Fill and select white.
Now click on (select) the original image, hold Alt and click on the "add layer mask" icon at the bottom (circle within square). This will give you a black mask.
Now your image should be covered with the layer color (white).
Press B to grab the "brush tool", now open the brush palette.
We need a square brush, with the brush palate open click the "fly out" icon at the top right of the palette and go down and select "square brushes". Another box should open, click "append". This will add the square brushes to your palette.
Scroll down and select the #24 brush.
On the left side of box choose "scattering".
Use the scatter slider to change the spacing as you like (about 450 to 500). Leave "count" set at 1. Set "Jitter" to your liking (about 25%).
Make sure white is set as the foreground color to "reveal" at the bottom in the left tool palette. 
Now you can go to the image and start painting back in. Press the right or left bracket key to size the square to your liking.
As the image appears use your judgement as to how you like it. I suggest that your don't expose the image all the way to the sides. As the fill color should match your surrounding background it will look much better to not have a defined edge. Just my opinion.
Remember you can fill back in by changing the foreground color from white to black by pressing X.
When you have it the way you like it then go to the bottom and select the effects button, "layer style" palate will appear, (the fx icon).
From the layer style palette select drop shadows and what ever else you want to create the style you like.
If you want to make a skin with the drop shadow viewer as in my example. I created the viewer with the marquee tool and filled with the color of my choice. Then added the drop shadow.
Have fun!!! Remember to save as a PSD so you can change it.

Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-03-09
Thanks Jerry!

Much appreciated...
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-03-10

Nice idea.

Thanks for sharing.

Willie

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-04-26
Really nice Jerry - I just got CS4 and like the D300 it's a Beast to learn, but ohhhhhh so fun.

Thanks for sharing
Lee
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-04-27

Thanks Lee, the D300 is easy to learn if you have 25 bucks. Lynda.com has training on the D300 for $25 a month, With CS4 you should have gotten a month free with them. Kelbytraining.com has D300 training for $20 a month. They both are good, I've used them for CS4 training. The best part is you don't have to sign up for an extended period, I do Kelby month by month and can stop anytime. Before I found out about them I had already purchase a video on the D300 from Elitevideo.com, I think that's the name.
Good luck!

Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!