panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-11

Italy VRs

HI all

I've been away for a while now but back with a few VRs to show.  I'm sure they're not perfect (I'm new to this) but the Agnos Mrotator really helped a great deal.  Have a look at:

http://www.condottiero.com/ and choose 'Photos'

I've saved these as RealTime Vrs rather than PTviewer.  Is this wise or is PTviewer a better choice for the general public?  I'd prefer QuickTime but don't see any option for this in PanoWeaver.

One tech question, I realise I can place a logo on the floor to cover the rotator mount, but is there a way of 'fixing' the ceiling?  Anyone know of a good tutotial?  I'm using a Nikon 8700.

All feedback appreciated!

Cheers

Steiner

Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-08-11

Hi Steiner,

Great to see you back and up and running.

You should for web display reduce the size of you images to 1400x700 or 1500x750 and compress in Photoshop (Save for Web) to about 60 to 75% try and get the size under 300 kb with clarity.

Personally I would not use the iSeeMedia/MGI Zoom applet. I would stick to the PTViewer Applet.

Using the "Clone and Healing Tools" in Photoshop will get the images into shape! There are plenty of tutorials on these tools around.

I'm glad you have had better success with the Agnos MrotatorB over the Kaidan set up you had so much trouble with.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-11

Thanks Smooth - you were very helpful throughout that 'black' period.  :)

I'll give the PTviewer a go - hadn't used it as my floor and ceilings need work. 

Re. the clone/heal tools, I have used them a bit but it's not easy to see the match points on a spherical image.  Do you need to work on a cubic image (to see the top and bottoms stiched together)?

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-08-12

Steiner,

Here is a job layout to follow.

• Stitch Images then save result as *.bmp 3000x1500
  • Import saved *.bmp into Panoweaver and convert to cubic
  • Save cubic *.bmp
  • Open Photoshop and clone out errors (Zenith and Nadir) are the bottom two images. (Be careful not to modify edges of cubed images)
  • Import cubed/repaired *.bmp into Panoweaver
  • Convert back to spherical equirectangular panorama (save as *.bmp)
  • Open spherical panorama in Photoshop and sharpen image to desired effect save as *.bmp and resize for web display 1500x750
  • Import again into Panoweaver and output as *.jpg <300kb with PTViewer applet size your choice (400x300 is good) and HTML

Hope this helps.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-12

Steiner

Smooth discribes allmost the way I do it with one little change. You can stich directly cubic. So you save one step :-)

Time is money. Also sometimes I converting images from cubic to spheric can leave you with black lines from the cubic edges. Makes sure to have a visual quality control on your sharpening step.

Regards Markus

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-12

it seems the java version is best to reach all...... PCs Mac Linux....

but I love the QT quality and the sound effects you can do !

My workflow:

- Stitch spheric with max size in max jpg with PW PRO

- Workout (color, brightness, seams, sharpness) in PS

- Convert cubic PW PRO

- Workout (floor, ceiling, logo) in PS

- Convert spheric PW PRO

- QTVR with PANOCUBE to add autorotate and default pan,..

- (LiveStagePro for Sound, hotpspot,..)

- TW if JAVA required !

Sven

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-12
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on August-12-2004

Steiner,

Here is a job layout to follow.

Hi fellas

Many thanks for this.  I had actually come very close to this, except I'd output to a high res JPEG at the start which is obviously less desireable.  I'll redo the images using BMP.  Once I get this down pact, it'll be time for TourWeaver - gulp.  Does that app come with help files/tutorials?  I suppose it must!

Thanks again!

Steiner

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-12

Hi fellas

Just as an update, I've input those changes to my VR's based on your feedback - looks ALOT better.  Have a look if you've a moe.

Thanks again

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-08-13

Steiner,

Mate, HUGE improvement.

I'm sure you are a much happier chap these days?

Great to see how far you have come on in only a short time.

Great work.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-13

Steiner

Great Job nice fixel. Congratulations.

Markus

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-13
Thanks fellas.  BTW, changing the subject a bit, what type of company tends to be interested in VR's?  I recently contacted a few Real Estate Agents and got very little interest in the idea.  Seems houses in the UK sell too quickly to make VRs a realistic option for them.