panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-03-09

ROFL Can you believe this ???

This made me laugh.

Can you find worse on the Internet that is legit?

Click here and look at the Virtual Tour (Backyard)

[Edited by Moderator]

Did they charge money for this?

I'm still on the floor laughing !

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-15

How about this one

[Link removed by Moderator]

Klick on Dining Lounge. Look at the picture at the wall and the chair by the door.

I really think this person does not take any pride in his/her work. PS with a carpet would be a 1 min job to get the tripod out. And EA look is available on most cameras.

Regards Markus

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-03-15

The funny thing is is that the camera's position on the panohead head changes on the same job between inside and outside shots at the very same location! Even between rooms in the same house.

Nodal point is all over the place.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-15

Well I sure hope I'm never going to see any of my URL on this thread:

Well to all of you who take pride in their work. Well done. To the other. It's a small step in Photoshop but a huge step for the pano :-)

Greetings from Switzerland Markus

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-15

i think this tour posted by mark is acceptable for under $100.

u guys have to understand you cant be producing a job thats worth $500 and only get paid $75. I bet thats what this photographer gets paid, about $75 per tour.

would you give your high quality work of 4 panos for only $75? i dont think so. why should he?

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-03-15

Sorry VT360 I disagree,

It is woeful and gives the industry a bad name. Why are you sticking up for this guy? It's like the mechanic who only does the wheel nuts half tight and send you on your way after fleecing your cash.

Anybody with any pride would not allow that kind of work to go out for any price. No way, no how!

This person doesn't even have a basic understanding of what they are doing and are the worse panorama's we have ever seen on the net by far.... The occasional poor one (instead of totally crap) does not justify your defence. Nor does saying oh but what if he only got $75.00 per tour.

I wouldn't pay even for having a go, because they are not usable in a professional manner anywhere!

Fact is, where he is located in Australia it looks like he is the only one doing tours as no other real estates in that area have virtual tours. Think of the poor people who own the house and have commissioned the real estate to sell it at 2 to 3% of the total value plus advertising. Would you be happy if your real estate agent charged you (anything) and you saw your house for sale on the net with quality of workmanship? Be buggered if I would be happy!

Come on dude it's just a bit of fun.

Like we have already stated, should he turn up here looking for pointers we would be happy to help him out.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-16

lol im kool and when i think of the hand cant help to release a crackle.

i dont think the hand tour is acceptable.

but this one is acceptable and "usable" due to the fact that is real estate and the low cost: [Link removed by Moderator]

i've seen worst tours than the above being developed by a company with a high volume and people buy them.

and i dont see it as half tight nuts, i see it as a car wash without the wax ;)

if u want it waxed,  it should cost a wit bit more mate.

i agree, with your statment about professionalism.

but a professional doesnt undersale their work. a professional doesnt sell a product worth $500 for $75.

a profesional business person does sale a product worth $75  for $75 in a market that accepts the so-so quality and low price. Thus making a profit.

i agree to disagree wit ya mate.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-03-16

Is this the kind of work you turn out?

Actually I don't think you have ever shown us any of your work! Have you?

Happy to disagree though.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-16

@VT360

I have to disagree on the "Would you do it for 75$" statement.

I would not do it for 75$ you are right but ....

.. if I did it for 75$ wich is way under what 4 good panos are worth, why not spend the extra 3 min for each pano to

a) take some time and coution to set up camera right
b) take some time and coution to make sure your hand is not in the pictre
c) take the 1 Min to Photoshop the head out. (grass, carpet realy does not take longer)
d) put a cap in at least, one time PS and copy paste code
e) limit the down view

The thing is, that these panos could be so much better with just a little bit of effort. I guess thats my point. Take pride in the work you do. No mather how much you get paid.

Also  3 Images don't take longer to shoot then 2 and deliver much better quality when stiched.

About the car wash example. You see it as car washed without the wax. I see it as car washed without the windows. And that really bothering me when driving.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-16

i agree and disagree with both of you but ill leave it as is.

smooth i got something in a geo site but my limit is maxed out.

ill check on it later and post the link. i got the site as a mini hobby.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-16

Sample pano

Taken before a storm so the sky was cloudy/dark.

Alls i did was to clone the floor to remove the tripod cap.