panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-03-20

Well it ain't backwards! lol

I will send you some pictures to show you what things should look like and we will see if you can replicate it.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-03-21

Steiner,

I received your last set of images with the camera set in Fisheye 1 (F1) Mode and the results are close to perfect.

This points to the Mrotator working 100% correctly and your original faults you were experiencing was because you were zooming (outside of the (F1) lens setting). Not per the instructions of operation of the Mrotator.

Obviously when you zoom it changes the nodal point somehow thus resulting in less than good stitching results. I would suggest trying to capture those extra pixels is not worth the effort, especially as you only display in very small applets on your website anyway.

I have had good results (usable) using a 4MP in F1 mode and stitched at 4000 x 3000 and displayed full-screen so you should be able to do this easily with you camera.

Of course if you require better I would strongly suggest an upgrade to a DSLR with matching fisheye.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-22

Hi Smooth

OK thanks- it's as I suspected then.  Shame - your zoom trick was a nice way of grabbing extra pixels. 

What's this about 4MP in F1 mode?  Ha!  I would love to go for a DSLR but I can't do that until I start getting more paying customers.  Need to justify the 4 grand expenditure! : )

Cheers

Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-03-23

Steiner,

I have never advocated the 'Zoom trick" this was introduced here on the forum by Phoenixrising (Robert)

4MP in F1 mode? You have lost me?

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-23

Hi guys... yeah, the "zoom trick" does cause some additional stiching hassel with Mrotator as the nodal point gets pushed back a tad. However, I find a slight manual adjustment tends to solve the issue. To be fair... manual adjustment is a matter of practise and can be a pain in the butt. I did however do a couple of trial stiches with my "zoom trick" in PW4 with great results. Looks like the algorithem can deal with them without a problem.

Steiner... paying customers... yeah I hear you buddy... however... I've had a bit of luck lately and have just landed a deal for 9 Hotel tours + 4 websites...with the possibility of a further 20. I'm charging around €1200 for 15 spheres and TW tour per Hotel + expenses. This is just about a fair rate for the work I'll be doing. The websites are being charged at around €2000 a pop. The nice thing here is the fact that I'll just be creating one TW skin/website and then will fill them with different content. Furthermore, I've found that I'm selling a website with every tour I make so far. If anything, the tours are opening doors for other products (print, advertising, webwork...) and I've even had to hire a webdesigner to facilitate the work.

I must admit to being somewhat chuffed...considering the amount of time and effort I've put into this avenue... lets just hope more of this kinda stuff comes around.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-07

Hi Pheonix - sorry I missed this - been away.  Congratulations buddy - very well done!  That's a very healthy amount of cash especially when you consider the fact that alot of it will be template driven.  Do you have any web based stats that you pointed the hotel to?

NOTHING at all to compare to your job win, but I might as well flag my latest set of VR's now I'm here.  My friend in Devon opened a reclimation shop and I created his site (and the VR's for him).  You can see them at: www.biralantiques.co.uk

Adios

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-07

Hi Steiner,

thanks for ur link. Nice looking site and well presented panos.

As far as on line stats... no I didn't, What did happen is that I did some other work for the hotel, did a first tour for very little cash 500 for 15 images and tourweaver tour... in the hope that more would emerge. And heh presto... I got the deal. There is however a link that shows some interesting demographics on vr users which I've been including in my sales blurb http://www.pewinternet.org/PPF/r/143/report_display.asp 

At the end of the day it would appear that you need a fair bit of product range to convince people to buy vr tours. A decent tour should be fairly expensive considering the time and effort involved if doing good work. Alas it ain't all that easy to find that many punters out there who're willing to fork out a decent rate. That's why we've been useing tours as part of overall package of services and have found that we can charge a decent rate if combinded with general web work.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-04-08

Steiner,

Nice layout mate! a well constructed website without annoying stuff everywhere. Good to see you are on top of the stitching errors also.

Congratulations.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-08

Hi Smooth

Thanks - it's not 'sexy' but they're nice people.  :)

Re. stiching errors - yes, avoiding the zoom did help but despite that I did still need to do a bit of minor tweeking here and there.   I've just read that PW4 does not come with manual adjustment - so if it really only benefits users with DSLRs I think I may have to skip this update (unfortunately).

Cheers

Steiner

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-04-08

Steiner,

Send me a set of images that you did have to do "minor" adjustments to and I will stitch them with Panoweaver 4.0 and send you the result. That way you can make an informed decision. Or better still download the trial version.

Regards, Smooth