panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-03-31

The only problem I have with this license transfer system is that if EasyPano should fold for any reason, I'm sunk if I ever buy a new computer to use it on. So we never really have a permanent copy of what we paid for.

Also, it's disappointing not to have any manual controls, since much of what I do are Aerials and the algorithm would have a very difficult time trying to find arbitrary Y/P/R/FoV points. If there's no way to "Override" the automatic stitching, then much of its value is diminished for my application.

Thanks,

Brian Jackson

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-01

As I've also mentioned... I too think it's a pity that the manual stiching element is missing... I've done a couple of trials where a slight manual tweek would have been of value. This does lessen the "value" of the product for more high-end work. Maybe thats why the delay.

Robert

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-01
i would have to go further than RotoPix and phoenixrising and say that if there is no manual tweaking this could be a major problem, and i would have to think seriously about wether it would be worth upgrading, sorry no matter how good your algorithms are there is always the unforseen, heres hoping your right robert and there putting the manual tweek back in...... i will however reserve jugment till the demo version comes out.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-01

If manual tweaking is what you need, there are other well known tools that will do the job a lot cheaper than PW. It is my impression that the strong point of Panoweaver is simplicity and ease of use and that it is targeted at folks like real estate pros who shoot under stable, controlled conditions thus minimizing the need for manual intervention. If you shoot handheld crowd scenes where you need to do manual adjustments, edit alpha masks for blending, etc, obviously PW is not the right tool.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-04-01
Quote: Originally posted by newb on April-01-2005

If manual tweaking is what you need, there are other well known tools that will do the job a lot cheaper than PW. It is my impression that the strong point of Panoweaver is simplicity and ease of use and that it is targeted at folks like real estate pros who shoot under stable, controlled conditions thus minimizing the need for manual intervention. If you shoot handheld crowd scenes where you need to do manual adjustments, edit alpha masks for blending, etc, obviously PW is not the right tool.

Well said newb

I can honestly say I very rarely ever used or needed to use the manual stitching controls.

Easypano should be just that "easy"!

Plenty of other programs around if you want to do it the hard way!

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-01

i like the easy life myself, but have had panoweaver wrongly interpret double windows as singles before and once or twice in cathedrals it has misstook one piller for another, dont think my clients would like entire windows disapearing from there propertys, or that vaulted ceililing missing a arch or two.

And as easypano are now increasing the number of photos you can use, that also increases the possibilty of error when autostitching.

To think that computers/software is infallible is a bit nieve. on those rare ocassions smooth that you have need to manualy adjust, wouldnt you rather have that fuction than have to spend time retouching or worse reshooting  remember we are not all as acomplished as you

Regards

Room101

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-04-02

The only time I have had to re-adjust and use manual options is because I had failed to set up properly and the nodal point setting was out.

Simply, if you have the nodal point set correctly Panoweaver will correctly stitch your image set. The algorithm is completely different with Panoweaver 4.0 compared to 3.01

"To think that computers/software is infallible is a bit nieve". I'm not naive the release of Panoweaver 4.0 allows for manual control points to be set by the user when and if required. 

For those who are not as you say as accomplished as me, this forum offers all the help you could ever need to get yourself up to speed with the help of all the other forum contributors, lots of us spend a lot of time helping so you can improve your skills.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-04-02
Quote: Originally posted by RotoPix on March-31-2005

Also, it's disappointing not to have any manual controls, since much of what I do are Aerials and the algorithm would have a very difficult time trying to find arbitrary Y/P/R/FoV points. If there's no way to "Override" the automatic stitching, then much of its value is diminished for my application.

Thanks,

Brian Jackson

Hi Brian,

Panoweaver 4.0 does not allow for top to bottom stitching, only side to side. So it doesn't really matter for your use as you can't use it for that anyway!

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-02

Hi smooth

First i would just like to say i was not calling you personally naive.I'm just saying when in the history of any computer software has it ever worked pefectly,

As you say this forum is excellent for help and information and indeed the contributers here have helped me greatly. including yourself. But also shows that the software can through up unexpected problems. I am just saying i personally think it is a good thing to be able to manually overide things.

If as you say 'Panoweaver 4.0 allows for manual control points to be set by the user when and if required' then in essance it has a manual tweak.problem solved

Thanks to this forum i have been able to get the nodal point spot on and 9 times out of 10 things stitch perfectly but there is that odd occasion when they dont for what ever reason and thats when this option is worth its wait in gold.

As you have said to Brian 'Panoweaver 4.0 does not allow for top to bottom stitching, only side to side' but in early versions of panoweaver this was possible as was disscussed in another thread on this forum about aerial pano. this would have been another nice option to bring back.

The more flexable the software the better for us end user. The more options it allows us to offer our clients, the more business we get.The more we invest in software,the more money they have for R&D.The better there software gets.....so completes the circle

Regards & Thanks

Room101

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-02

PW4 in its current form allows you to insert a ceiling and floor just like 3.01 did.  It also will convert sphere to cube and then you can use PS to adapt the zenith and nadir frames.  It also converts cube back sphere.

It does a few other helpful features but until EP releases more information I can't say at this point

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com