panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-03

Short reply here, but to the point.

multi-computer license issues...a negative.......not having the ability to manual stitch..a negative.......quiet a large upgrade fee for those of us that has been with panoweaver for so long...a negative.

I have the same issues with this new product that Dave had with tourweaver....why get it?

My big concern would be to secure the product I have already paid for. I want to know if the download link for 3.01 will stay active well into the future. Older download links have been taken away.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-04-04

zjoker,

You should download a copy of 3.01 Pro and burn it to a CD. Then you have your own personal copy. "Forever"

As far as I know the upgrade $$$ charge from 3.01 Pro to 4.0 has not been set.

As for the Multi - Computer license when you bought your licence for 3.01 Pro that is for one computer only. If you did install it on more than one computer you are in effect breaking the license agreement and thus the law. So you can hardly complain about that. If you can - then why? Because a method has been found to make people honest!

Unless you have a Digital SLR you have no need to upgrade anyway! The full circular stitching is pretty much the same as 3.01 Pro. Panoweaver 4.0 is all about adding stitching capability of DSLR Sigma 8 (Drum Style Images) and Nikkor 10.5mm (Full Frame Images) etc.

As for manual stitching! I have said this before - you can set control points if required or needed.

Hope this answers your concerns.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-04

Hi guys,

lots of activity over TW4 which is great. I belive that the PW4 software will be a great enhancement and whilst the new algorithems will ensure better stiching I still would've liked to have seen manual stiching as part of the package. As has been said, greater flexibility is greater software. My Cam has various automatic settings... however, it's the manual adjustment that makes for great rather then just good photography. I always liked the ability to adjust yaw, pitch, fov... I must admit that I have not yet tried to set manual control points but will do so once PW4 is out and with that may not require manual stiching anymore.

Tomorrow is PW4 day... lets see what it holds.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-04

I did a quick 4 image stitch test . I used one of our perfectly horizontal image sets.  With photoshop I changed the 2 center images to have 1 degree roll left.  Then I tried stitching the set.  PW4 made the corrections properly.

I changed one of the two center images to 2 degree roll.  PW4 generated an error saying that I needed 3 or more matching points in order to complete the stitch.

This test essentially says,  Hand held panoramas will be difficult to stitch if any of the single images contain a horizon greater that 2 degree error roll.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-05

Not exactly an open forum when ones messages can be deleted by a forum moderator..simply for not agreeing with the moderator.

I would like some input from other moderators as to if this is standard practice?

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-04-05
Quote: Originally posted by zjoker on April-05-2005

Not exactly an open forum when ones messages can be deleted by a forum moderator..simply for not agreeing with the moderator.

I would like some input from other moderators as to if this is standard practice?

Your "removed" message was to insight a response that was going nowhere!

It had nothing to do with Easypano or it's products. It was a personal attack. Your question had been answered and you were not happy with the answer so starting attacking another forum member. These posts should and will be removed.

The part that got you all defencive has also been edited.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-05

Hi all,
everbody here is talking about the new PW 4 and test it. But were can i get it to test it too? Thanks, kall

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-05

http://www.easypano.com/panoweaver400.html

Regards Markus

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-05

Looks like they added back in the Aerial (vertical stitch) capabilities, and the ability to "remember" all stitching parameters. Between that and use of control points for manual mode... I'm liking what I'm reading about PW4 so far. Am downloading the trial now. Anxious to put it through its paces.

Cheers,

Brian Jackson

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-05

ridiculous.

The message had no personal attack in it at all. It contained my view of the new pw4 product, my not posting as many pano related messages as you, my hopes that the easypano crew would view my concerns, and calling myself "silly me" for thinking that everyone is invited to voice their views about the new product on this forum.

The message got removed because of ego....which has nothing to do with pano's or the technology that goes into them.

Your message to me however related to my potentially breaking license agreements, breaking the law, and how easypano was trying to make "honest people" out of us. Bless you Easypano!

I actually only have the license on 1 computer, but would love to be able to have the program on my laptop as well....would make things so much easier...thus my opinion on making it easy for us to be able to switch from one computer to another....thus my hopes that the easypano crew will read this message (if it doesn't get deleted for me talking too much about me).

This is the most important part of this message: I do not feel the need to be right..if you do, then consider yourself right with no fight. Though I do feel the need for ALL pano related messages to remain on the forum, even when it is a view that you do not agree with. Removing messages like my previous message (and like this one) only makes the forum, the product, and the moderators less credible!