panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2002-11-26

Help Me Please !!!

Hi everybody,

Well I'm a newbie at this!

Well, a newbie at Panoweaver and Fish Eye photography.

Here's what I need help with,

I own a Nikon Coolpix 4500 and a Nikon FC-E8 fish eye lense and for the life of me I cannot get a crisp clean image when using the Fish Eye Lense

Their must be something I'm missing in the set up?

Everytime I take a picture in daylight the photo is over expossed.

Sky is white? Yet using the camera without the lense images are perfect!

I have it (lense Setting) set to Fish Eye 1

I have played with the ISO and the satuation setting and even set the White Balance but no good as yet!

I hope someone can help me out.

Regards, Smooth  

P.S. See a sample here

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2002-11-26

Over-exposed is right!!!

I'm using the 995 and am not familiar with the newer 4500, but here are a couple ideas:

1)  Check the exposure setting- is it set to automatic or to manual?

a) If it's set to "auto", try "manual"

b) If it's set to "manual", try "stopping-down" SEVERAL stops to see if this darkens the photo.  If so, I'd have the camera checked out and re-calibrated 'cause you shouldn't have to manually adjust the exposure settings.

2) Is the camera set for "Aperature-Priority"?  If so, pressing the shutter-release button halfway down will (should) indicate whether or not the result will be overexposed.  If so, you'll need to try a different aperature setting.

3) Is the camera set for "Shutter-Priority"?  If so, increase the shutter speed. Again, pressing the shutter-release button halfway down will indicate whether or not the result will be overexposed. 

4) Try changing the lens setting from "Fisheye 1" to "Normal" (if "Normal" is what it's called on the 4500) and zoom out to the maximum.  If your exposure is better with the "Normal lens" setting, then the internal "Fisheye 1" setting may need re-calibrating. 

Good luck!

callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2002-11-26

If all fails... try reseting the camera back to the default settings and start over.  I have had to do that on more than one occasion.. and it cleared up the issue.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2002-11-26

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I will give it all a go tomorrow , time permitting!

I can't wait to get this thing working properly (I admit it's probably my mistake) But in saying that, I'm no dummy and I have tried and tried again and again and read as much as I can find on the subject.

I will let you know my results.

Again thanks

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2002-11-27

Hello,

Well it's 24 hours later and the results are........

Took advise and hit the Reset Button.

All good now, what gives with this? Brand new camera and i followed the instructions to the word! Anyway I'm one happy chappy now  

Many thanks to both of you

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2002-11-27
Guess this means S M O O T H sailing!!!
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?