panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-05

V4

Anybody notice that the trial version for PW4 was there 6 hours ago, but is now gone from the website. Couldn't download it anyway when it was there!!!
Does anyone know if it will reappear - and will be downloadable!!! Would like to try it before forking out nearly 400 (no upgrade price for me) - wish they would let me pay in US$, would save the equivalent of about $175 when you take VAT into account (about 80 at todays rates)!!!!!!!

aj
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-07

Just my opinion here, but third-party billing solutions are ok for startups and outfits on a shoestring budget. A business that has been around for a while and has reached the point of peddling software in the $600 to $1,000 range, should have its own merchant account. It's comforting for future customers to know that at least the company's bankers find them trustworthy enough to give them a merchant account.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-07

Dear Ciconia,
I understand your concern regarding the Euro and USD difference. You are right. We do set  a spearate Euro price, not simply according the exchange rate. But we have reasons. As you can see we specially set up multilingual website including French, Italian, German and Spanish to serve European customers. We also devote much to do the multi-lingual version of the software and will do more to better suppor the European customers in the future.
You may have noticed that Adobe sells at  a much higher Euro price than USD.  I wish you could understand us. Regarding the upgrading fee in Euro, I am sorry I did  a wrong calculation. The correct price should be 280 Euro.
Again thanks for your preference and support, also your understanding.

Thank you very much.

Rosalba

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-07

Thank you, Rosalba, for your reply. After working for 2 years with Panoweaver 3.01 pro, waiting for an upgrade for FF fisheye stitching, I have now decided to return to PTGui. I discovered, that the combination of PanoTools with the newest PTGui version, Enblend and Autopano is really fast and is doing a perfect job - regardless what number of images per pano I use. Dont see a reason any more why I should spend a lot of money for PW4. I always was happy with PW 3.01, and I will continue using it for 3-image-stitching.

Thanks for your efforts

Holger

Holger Schulz, photoaround
http://www.photoaround.de
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-05
Just noticed the forum does not like the UK pound sign - shame
aj
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-04-06

Ajay,

Would appear the link is alive now.

Download away!

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-06

Hi, all,

It seems like EasyPano are not interested to sell PW4 in Europe. The upgrade price PW3pro to PW4 for German customers is 300 Euro, equivalent to 386 US$. US customers are charged only 300 US$. If I add VAT to my "German price", I end up with a total of about 450 US $.

This is what I would pay for a full version of a pro application - but nor for an upgrade to PW4, which in my opinion lacks several features of a professional stitching software. Sorry to say that. I am rather disappointed about EasyPano's customer service. I will stick with good old PanoTools and PTGui for fullframe fisheye stiching.

Regards

Holger

Holger Schulz, photoaround
http://www.photoaround.de
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-04-06

Holger,

I would suggest you contact Easypano support support@easypano.com  and see if this is correct and if this the only way to upgrade.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-06

I emailed easypano last night (where I live anyway) to point out the difference in price of the Tour Suite when paying in Stirling and when paying in Euros. They seem to be using an odd exchange rate between the two. I can buy the software paying in either currency, so I will choose the cheapest, but I think they should make it a level playing field for everyone. No reply to my email as yet.

Regards

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-04-06
as of 2005.04.06 09:22:15 UTC.
999.90 USD
United States Dollars
  =   775.385 EUR
Euro
1 USD = 0.775462 EUR 1 EUR = 1.28955 USD

This exchange rate is correct for more information about exchange rates visit www.xe.com  EU are subject to VAT.

Would seem that some "skimming" is happening with the shopping cart provider.

I would suggest you pay via Credit Card in US Dollars.

The Credit Card companies will do the exchange rate for you at the correct rate on the day.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-06

Based on Smooths exchange rates above (which I have no doubt are correct) the Easypano site (or shopping cart provider, it's really all the same to me) is "skimming" around 19% off the top of the Euro price when compared to buying the product in USD.

Hats off to em!