panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-10

Strange order confirmation

Hi everybody,

I just received from Easypano Sales department an eMail containg an order confirmation with confirmation of payment via Element 5 for the PTViewer Scripter 1.32. I certainly did not order the software once again, as I bought and paid for it already 3 years ago. The keys Easypano sent me with the mail of today are the same as those I received 3 years ago. Looks like somthing on their customer database has really gone wrong.

Has this happened to anybody else on this forum?

Regards

Holger

Holger Schulz, photoaround
http://www.photoaround.de
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-10

Just received another order confirmation, now with different keys. Looks like spam, but where did he get my customer information from? Certainly not from me, as the relevant information has been removed from my PC long time ago. A trojan on Easypano server? Nobody else has a similar problem?

Regards

Holger

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-10

Glad to see it wasn't just me wondering what was going on. Coincidentally just deleted Panoweaver 3.01 and was thinking 'how the hell did they know'!!!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-10

I have been having troubles activating PW4 since I paid for it last week. I don't know if this is related in the slightest to what you are talking about? I click on the "Continue" button in the activation screen after entering the Key (serial number in fact) and apart from having to press the "continue" button anything up to 9 times before anything happens, sometimes it says Activation failed, other times it says success. But regardless, the next time I fire up PW4 it says that it is not activated.

Any panoramas I stitch (even when it tells me activation is successfull) have the Easypano watermark all over them. I have been dealing with support via email but thought I would mention it now following the above posts. Any ideas?

Glenn

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-10

Hi, Glenn,

I dont believe that your problems with activation have same reasons as Easypano sending my 3 year old order confirmations. I have spoken to the people of Element 5 who deal with the payments for Easypano, and they told me that probably something is going wrong with Easypano's network. To me it looks like Easypano's server is infected by a trojan. Too bad, doesnt really make me feel good about security of my customer data on their server.

Regards

Holger

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-10
Oh Glenn,
after the activation I wanted to test the transfer to another computer, and now I can't get the activation on the other computer and I also have no activation on my main computer.
Good to see that I'm not alone....

BTW: I also got the old registration messages.

Edited from Thomas:
Thanks a lot to Easypano - trouble resolved !!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-11

Holger,

It need connect to easypano server to activate the panoweaver400. Maybe the connecting speed is too slow, so I suggest when you pressed the continue button, wait for a moment and do not pressed the button second time before the message did not feed back.

Thomas,

I guess pw400 in your first computer is inactive now, but easypano server does not synchronize the data. So you can try to activate pw400 in your first computer, transfer license again, and wait for the message returned from easypano server. If the message is successful, try to activate pw4 in your second computer.

Easypano Observer
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-11

Hi,

I too have received strange oder conf...... very odd... Easypano... whats happening??

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-12

About order confirmation email

Hi, all. I am awefully sorry regarding the order confirmation email. Something is wrong with our auto key delivery system. It mistakenly resent the keys to you. Please rest assured you are not charged the second time. Please kindly forgive us. It won't happen again.

About Panoweaver 4.00 activation
Several known issues regarding activation.

1. Offline Activation requires network card installed.
Please make sure the computer in which you install Panoweaver 4.00 and create Activate Request File, meet the followinig requirements.
1) Network card is installed.
2) TCP/IP protocal is installed.
3) Network card is not disabled.

2. Activate via Modem dial-up
I am sorry so far there is some problem for activation using modem. Each time you lauch Panoweaver 4.00, you have to activate Panoweaver 4.00 online, and then freely use it offline. We will try to resolve it within this month and inform the customers soon.

Sincerely,
Rosalba

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-12

I don't think the issue is about being charged again. The issue is about security. I've discovered that I've received a mail from element 5, with whom I had made an Easypano purchase long ago , saying that I had requested a new password and that I wanted my user data again as I had lost these. I never made this request or sent this email to Element5. My concern is that whilst it may just be a glitch due to the transfer to the new server/site... it may also be some form of viral infection (trojan) on ur own server.

Please check this issue as it makes me a little nervous...

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-12

Hi Phoenixrising,
Can you forward to me the Element 5 email you received so that I could see what's going on? You can delete your personal information in that email when forwarding.

Thanks  a lot.

Rosalba