I have not done a lot of work with the MrotatorTCPS at this stage only around 4 pano's and I'm still to land 100% on the nodal point although I'm very close.
- The MrotatorT is not camera specific. So you do need to find your own nodal point for your camera-lens combination.
- The bracket does have some movement/flex if you are heavy handed with the shutter button. Easily overcome with corded or cordless remote or by using the self timer (as I did today) because I forget my remote!
- The Manfrotto quick release plate is a good idea but not perfect as there is play in this design (not the fault of Agnos) but that said, it is only marginal.
- New Agnos click stop rotator offers settings for 2,3,4,6 and 8 stops. Though stops are not as strong/definite as I would have liked. New side lock is a welcomed addition.
- Bubble level is good (as with previous models) position could be improved by location it directly over the centreline. But it works well and is accurate.
- Once you have found the nodal point you can release and reattach the camera via the Manfrotto quick release and be sure you have the camera back in the correct position or so close it doesn't really matter I would say 99%+ accuracy but not 100% unless you fluke it!
- Is it usable for templates like the 360precision promotion? No!
- Is it good for Panoweaver 4.0 stitching? 100% Yes!
All up I would say a very good attempt but not in the league of the 360precision panohead. But it is at this stage the next best option without a doubt and I will happily recommend this product. Keep in mind the price it is some $260.00 USD cheaper than the 360precision panohead.
Overall I'm impressed. Still some things could be improved but that's the same as everything in life. Gives everybody something to do tomorrow!
If it fits your price range, spend the money you will be happy. Makes shooting the up shot a breeze and my results do not even require manual control points. Just fire up Panoweaver 4.0 select 4+T (in my case) and let the magic happen!
P.S: The worst part about this panohead is finding the nodal point. (Same with all non camera specific panoheads) Once found and tightened though everything will be sweet. So be prepared to spend sometime setting your panohead up properly to get the maximum benefit from the MrotatorT series.