panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-25

Agnos Panohead MrotatorT

Afternoon in virtual world.  O.K I have spent the past four days in 3 different forums on vr.  I have my list put together and ready to buy.  However, southern boy from North Carolina has no idea how to go about purchasing the agnos mrotatort?  I believe it was smooth 360 that suggested this with digital canon eos rebel xt (350d).  Like I said I have done some reading in here, so if it was anothers idea I apologize.  My setup will be as follows, as for software going to use the trials and see what works for me.  Need equipment to get going.

Canon (350D)
Sigma 8mm fisheye
Bogen 3021 tripod with
322RC2 Side Handle Grip Action Ball Head
Agnos Panohead MrotatorT

Thanks again for all the help
Matt

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-02

Thomas have you received your nodal ninja yet?  I have ordered my camera canon 350D, Sigma 8mm, manfrotto tripod, manfrotto 222 quick release.  At this point all I have to order is the head and went to nodal ninja.  I like the price and was looking for some more info.

Thanks

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-04-26

Hi Matt,

I took delivery of the MrotatorTCPS today to use with a Canon 10D and Sigma 8mm I can tell you I'm very impressed so far. To purchase from Agnos all you need do is email agnos@agnos.com and tell him you were speaking with Smooth and would like to order. Make sure you include your address so he can work out the freight/shipping charges to your door.

I think your selection is good and a wise decision based on cash outlay for result. Once you use the MrotatorT I'm sure you will be impressed.

Just a small point about the Manfrotto #322RC2 tilt leveller. You will most likely only ever use it in upright position for panorama's so unless you have another use for it I would save some more cash and buy the #222.

Good luck and we all look forward to seeing your results. If I can help please just ask.

Regards, Smooth 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-26

Appreciate you!  Thanks for all the help; I am guessing that I will be seeking some more of it once all of my goodies arrive. 

Although I have no vr up and running at this time I do have some work out there that I will be adding vr to.  First link is my Mother and Fathers church one of my first websites.  Second link is a ski in ski out condo that is owned by some very good friends of ours.  My wife is the blond on far left.  Hope to have vr on both these sites soon.

http://www.plazanazarene.com

http://www.winterplacecondo.com

enjoy and thanks again.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-28
Smooth, I'd appreciate your comments on the MrotatorTCPS.

I'm looking for speed and accuracy of set up.

The 360 precision is a little out of my price range so I've been considering the MrotatorTCPS for a 20D with 15mm / 8mm lenses. How easy is it to set up and does it really come "back in the right worl position" as Agnos claim?

Any comments, no matter how subjective would be welcome.

Cheers,
Mark
Cheers,
Mark
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-28

When you order from Agnos be sure to specify the threaded screw type you have on "your quick leveller or tripod" .. its either a 1/4  or 3/8ths treads

A friend of mine order the "T" and it came with the wrong connection screw threads and caused a few days delay in getting to use it.

Some tripods come with 3/8ths with no conversion ability.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-28

Hi Smooth...

is the rotator really OK? It looks a little flimsy when looking at the pics. It would appear as if a camera with lens and my hand attached to it would make the cam move.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-04-28

Hi Guys,

I have not done a lot of work with the MrotatorTCPS at this stage only around 4 pano's and I'm still to land 100% on the nodal point although I'm very close.

• The MrotatorT is not camera specific. So you do need to find your own nodal point for your camera-lens combination.
  • The bracket does have some movement/flex if you are heavy handed with the shutter button. Easily overcome with corded or cordless remote or by using the self timer (as I did today) because I forget my remote!
  • The Manfrotto quick release plate is a good idea but not perfect as there is play in this design (not the fault of Agnos) but that said, it is only marginal. 
  • New Agnos click stop rotator offers settings for 2,3,4,6 and 8 stops. Though stops are not as strong/definite as I would have liked. New side lock is a welcomed addition.
  • Bubble level is good (as with previous models) position could be improved by location it directly over the centreline. But it works well and is accurate.
  • Once you have found the nodal point you can release and reattach the camera via the Manfrotto quick release and be sure you have the camera back in the correct position or so close it doesn't really matter I would say 99%+ accuracy but not 100% unless you fluke it!
  • Is it usable for templates like the 360precision promotion? No!
  • Is it good for Panoweaver 4.0 stitching? 100% Yes!

All up I would say a very good attempt but not in the league of the 360precision panohead. But it is at this stage the next best option without a doubt and I will happily recommend this product. Keep in mind the price it is some $260.00 USD cheaper than the 360precision panohead.

Overall I'm impressed. Still some things could be improved but that's the same as everything in life. Gives everybody something to do tomorrow!

If it fits your price range, spend the money you will be happy. Makes shooting the up shot a breeze and my results do not even require manual control points. Just fire up Panoweaver 4.0 select 4+T (in my case) and let the magic happen!

Regards, Smooth

P.S: The worst part about this panohead is finding the nodal point. (Same with all non camera specific panoheads) Once found and tightened though everything will be sweet. So be prepared to spend sometime setting your panohead up properly to get the maximum benefit from the MrotatorT series.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-28
Hi Smooth... thanks for ur input. That helps alot.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-28

dave:  "Some tripods come with 3/8ths with no conversion ability"

theres adpters that will make the tripod go from 3/8 to 1/4

http://www.silverprint.co.uk/pics/Kais-6460.jpg

http://www.silverprint.co.uk/acc16.html

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-29

Dear all,
Manfrotto 303 SPH and Agnos Mrotator TCPS, which one  do you think better for Panoweaver 4? We just want to make sure which one we should recommend to the general customer. Thanks.

Regards,
Rosalba