panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-29
Smooth, many thanks for the comprehensive feedback. Much appreciated.

I think I'll bite the bullet and get the 360Precision head.

Mark
Cheers,
Mark
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-29

BGF

I think you would be right. If I  had my time again I would get the 360Precision over the 303SPH, which is what I bought. It's been a pain in the a$e to set up and I still cant get it spot on! A bit like the wife.

Ho hum
Glenn

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-04-29
Quote: Originally posted by Rosalba on April-29-2005

Dear all,
Manfrotto 303 SPH and Agnos Mrotator TCPS, which one  do you think better for Panoweaver 4? We just want to make sure which one we should recommend to the general customer. Thanks.

Regards,
Rosalba

Both will do the job.

The Manfrotto 303SPH is overpriced and overrated.

For the money the Agnos MoratorTCPS is far better value and purpose built to work with Panoweaver 4.0. If you are recommending I would be telling people to buy the Agnos MrotatorT without a doubt!

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-04-29
Quote: Originally posted by cuetoyou on April-29-2005
 If I  had my time again I would get the 360Precision over the 303SPH, which is what I bought. It's been a pain in the a$e to set up and I still cant get it spot on! A bit like the wife.

Ho hum
Glenn

I would have to agree with this statement. Finding the Nodal Point is like finding the G spot  only the G spot is easier I think! At least it's more fun!  Given the choice I feel just about everybody would like a camera specific panorama head so long as it not too expensive and can be upgraded without too much expense. Seems the boys at 360Precision have gone most the way of doing this.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-30
Here is another one, the Nodal Ninja pano head. Should arrive soon on my desk to work with the combination Canon 300D + Sigma 8mm, a Canon 10D is probably to heavy for this head.

Together with this head I got also a lightweight carbon tripod, so the whole setup (tripod, pano head, camera + lens) should be around 2,5 kg. Add some camera accesories, another lens (Sigma 12-24) for cylindrical panos and I have the perfect camera outfit for hiking and city sightseeing.

Here is also another review of the Peace River Studios' 3Sixty, Kaidan's QuickPan and the Manfrotto's 303 SPH

Otherwise I take my pictures with a Manfrotto/Bogen 055 tripod and the Manfrotto 302 (to be modified for the zenit shot). But this kind of gear, tripod and head have 5 kg, is too heavy to take it around the whole day.
Sometimes I shoot cylindrical panos from a monopod with the Sigma 8mm on a Canon 300D in landscape mode , this works also fine and stitching in PTGui, Image Assembler or Panorama Factory is very easy. Going spherical shooting 4 pictures with a L-bracket in portrait mode from a monopod is possible, but stitching works only with PTGui, because you are always a bit off the nodal point. And for these kind of pictures I want to try the Nodal Nina with the carbon tripod.