Copy from the TW Forum... This is a discussion thats worth listening to for those interested in Tourweaver.
- Why not do both??? Imatronics have managed this with output in java and active X.
- Apart from that... 89,9% of users have Java installed.
- Having to download and install anything is always a problem for many users who just won't use the tours then.
- ActiveX is also known to be a major virus carrier and is disabled by many users by default.
- Java can play hi res panoramas as can be seen with the FSP viewer which is based on PT viewer. Also imatronics have also a java based viewer allowing for large screen panos.
- Oh yes... we have an auto detect for java... so some of your info is not factually correct.
- Also MAC and Firefox don't support Active X.
It appears to me that you need to research your options more thourghly and not just go the easy way. Java is still a very good platform and is continually evolving. It may be worth doing something like a java light and java with plug-in version which will detect Broadbandspeed and then download to the user so that they can use the plug-in (very small) automatically. This will also enable full screen and verious add-ons.
I'd be very disapointed if Easypano would resort to a propriotory activeX viewer and I believe it would influence my business negativly. So much so that I'd not be able to support or use TW 2 at all.
Please contribute to this discussion even if not a TW user.
Thx Rob the Phoenix
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.