panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-26

Poll on virtual tour player

Hi, all
We are now doing an investigation on virtual tour player.

Please tell us your preference on ActiveX or Java player. Your vote is truely appreciated and important for the design of Tourweaver 2.00. Please go to  http://www.easypano.com/poll.html to vote.
Many thanks.
Rosalba

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-02

Hmm both these demo pages and pano formats QTVR and Flash were customer requests.  The Church page will be a mix of QTVR and Flash.  The Gardens wanted only Flash.  Neither of them wanted active X or java.

http://www.360texas.com/services/fumc/index.htm
http://www.360texas.com/services/bg/index.htm

Both URLs are work in progress.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-03

Hi there Dave,

I'm very very impressed with your image of the snctuary of the church. I like the fact the the congregation is present and that, in what is most likely a fairly darkish environment, you have no movement unsharpness. How did you go about taking this image???

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-05-03

Hey Dave,

The church pano is the best I've ever seen of your work! Congratulations.

I personally would lose the mirror ball to complete the picture.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-29

Copy from the TW Forum... This is a discussion thats worth listening to for those interested in Tourweaver.

• Why not do both??? Imatronics have managed this with output in java and active X.
  • Apart from that... 89,9% of users have Java installed.
  • Having to download and install anything is always a problem for many users who just won't use the tours then.
  • ActiveX is also known to be a major virus carrier and is disabled by many users by default.
  • Java can play hi res panoramas as can be seen with the FSP viewer which is based on PT viewer. Also imatronics have also a java based viewer allowing for large screen panos.
  • Oh yes... we have an auto detect for java... so some of your info is not factually correct.
  • Also MAC and Firefox don't support Active X.

It appears to me that you need to research your options more thourghly and not just go the easy way. Java is still a very good platform and is continually evolving. It may be worth doing something like a java light and java with plug-in version which will detect Broadbandspeed and then download to the user so that they can use the plug-in (very small) automatically. This will also enable full screen and verious add-ons.

I'd be very disapointed if Easypano would resort to a propriotory activeX viewer and I believe it would influence my business negativly. So much so that I'd not be able to support or use TW 2 at all.

Please contribute to this discussion even if not a TW user.

Thx Rob the Phoenix

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-03

I don't know if this adds much to the debate but I had lunch today with two guys who run a web site which promotes holiday houses for rent. They monitor their site statistics very closely indeed in order to understand who the visitors to their site are and what they do once they get to the site. The interesting thing they told me was that a little over 99% of visitors are Java enabled.

They don't currently have VT's but I'm doing my best to convert them. In the course of our discussion they also confirmed what we all already know. If somone is looking for something on the web and they have to download something first in order to see it on your site, then you have lost them. They will go somewhere else.

Java for me please.
Glenn

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-04-29

I have answered via the Poll as requested.

ActiveX is not the answer, it is Microsoft owned and developed and works only with Internet Explorer. It will never be my first choice in displaying panorama/tours. Better to put the effort into Shockwave and improving the Java.

Although Quicktime requires the biggest ugliest download it is by far the best viewer for fullscreen.

My opinions.

Regards, Smooth 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-02
Why not a flash, java, quick time and active-x?

Could be sold in different packages, the one that needs the certain package, buys it.

But if its only active-x, one have to look for alternatives. Its a petty, because Tourweaver is a easys to use tool, even for non programmers.

Markus

http://www.powertext.ch Canon 20D / Sigma 8mm / Roundshot VR-Drive
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-05-02

I don't agree with selling bits and pieces of a program it would end up like the 3DVista mess. One product that does it right is what is needed. Easypano are good people and listen to their customers. The answer is a big NO to ActiveX only.

To be the product leader you must meet the demand.

Regards, Smooth