panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-14

360Precision vs MrotatorTCPS?

Hi all,

I have D70 and intend to get 10.5mm lens. If cost is not an issue, should I go for the 360Precision instead of the MrotatorTCPS?

Thanks.

kazesoze.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-01
Quote: Originally posted by pixelator on May-24-2005

With what I have read and come to learn by using this forum, finding the nodal point is a big issue with newbies (myself included). The 360 precision head takes care of that for you. Only now your locked into that head for some $1,100.00 plus a waiting time of about 4 weeks (so they say) longer for some others.

Actually, our avarage shipping time is nowhere near 4 weeks. Most of our customers receive the head within 5-7 days of ordering. A large percentage of our customers acutally get the head within 2-3 days.

We quote 4-8 weeks for custom orders or on new models. Our turnaournd time for out-of-stock standard models is now down to 2 weeks. We had no idea how popular that head was going to be so we were quite conservative on our inital production runs.

We're now looking at reducing the delivery times to 7 days max even on out-of-stock products and 2-4 weeks on fully custom orders.

You won't find many companies that will custom build you a high quality product like ours for the price we charge let alone deliver in 4-8 weeks. That's if they can do it at all.

I'd be interested to see the turn-around time on a custom Agnos head :)

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-02

Hi,

I fully agree with Kazesoze,

Last week i ordered a 360precision head myself.
In a few days i recieved it and 
really, it is amazing and it works great

I also use the panohead for business and it is easy
for me to go for the best, because my boss pays the bills

Bye
Willem

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-14

The same story here

Just bought a D70 and next week i'll recieve a nikkor 10.5mm
Just need a good rotator. Can someone help me out here

Kazesoze, the 360Precision looks great, but did you look at the 303sph manfrotto ?

Please, keep me posted

Willem

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-14
I have a D70 & 10.5mm and I bought a Manfrotto 303SPH. I would advise you not to make the same mistake as me! If I could turn the clock back I would get a 360Precision (I can't comment on the Agnos, though I know it is liked by members of this forum). If I had bought the 360Precision I would have no nodal point set up problems, which should not be underestimated.

Glenn
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-15

Hi,

The MrotatorTCPS is 320 euros, while the 360Precision is about 763 euros. There is a price difference.  I still don't get the concept of the nodal point, and  as Glenn said, getting the nodal point right is an issue. I guess the 360Precision is for those who want to just take the shot and not have to mess around with the nodal point. I guess the price for peice of mind is 443 euros. How many shots would one need to recover that investment?

kazesoze.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-25
A couple of observations on the 360Precision and a question about the Agnos :

Firstly, the system is modular. You pay once for the main head and then get upgrade kits as you move cameras / lenses. Upgrades cost is estimated to be between 30GBP and 100GBP.

Secondly, I don't see the magic word "patent" anywhere on their site which makes for an interesting future.

On their MrotatorTCPshort page, the Agnos site claims that
"When you have made a correct alignment of optical axsis (sic) and the nodal point with the quick release adaptor MANFROTTO 323 (that is included in the kit), it will not necessary to repeate the calibration setup."

Can anyone confirm this? If so, why bother with the 360Precision?

Mark
Cheers,
Mark
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-25

I have the MrotatorTCP short witth theManfrotto 323 adapter.

And yes I do not look for the nodelpoint each time since I leave the plate atatched to the camera. If anyone likes a picture of it your more then welcome to state so and I will publish some pictures.

There is only one little thing with the MrotatorTCP. If you have your camera (D70 with sigma 8mm in my case) attached you can not see directly down to the spirit level. Bubble or whatever you call it in english.

So I usually level befor ataching the camera and with a small spritl level which can be pluged where the flash would be I do a final leveling for up and down tilt.

The arm (level holding the camera) can in my opinion vary a bit up and down because of the weight of the camera.

My Smooth can coment on that.

Regards Markus

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-26
Thanks for the feedback. I can't afford to go back and reshoot if the camera moves so I'll bite the bullet and save up for the 360Precision.

Mark
Cheers,
Mark
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-01

Hi All,

I had previously got the Agnos MrotatorB for D70+FC-E9 setup and I was not satisfied with the pano result that I got and I didnt like that fact that I had to use a foam to join the D70 and FC-E9. So I started looking for a different setup, and this is that I came up:

-Nikon D70

-Nikon 10.5mm

-Kaidan Quick-Tilt Leveler

-Bogen / Manfrotto 755B

The only thing left was the panohead. I was waiting for Agnos release the MrotatorT and then I start reading about 360Precision. From a learning point of view the MrotatorT is better, because you end up appreciating the process of setting up a nodal point. However, from a business point of view 360Precision is much better, because there is no sacrifice in quality for the speed in setting up and taking shots.

I ordered my 360Precision last Wednesday and got it this Saturday morning, it took less than 3 days to get to me through Fedex International. The guys at 360Precision were amazing, I spent hours chatting with them over IM, not only did they help me with my order but also in finalizing my setup. With a background in mechanical engineering and having worked in the machine shops, the 360Precision is a beauty.

At the end of the day, I am running a business and I would like to maximize my profits without loosing quality, hence that is why I ordered the 360Precision.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Kazesoze.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-23

I am going with a MrotatorTCP for my D70s set up and the MrotatorA for my coolpix 5000 set up. I have never  used either one however I like the Agons specs and have handled one before. The crafsmanship is exellent.

You have to set the nodal point with the angos TCP the first time but after that you can lock it down with the Manfretto mount supplied with the kit. Finding the nodal point should not be that hard. It may take a few tries but it is not impossible.

Kazesoze mentioned "recovering investment" for the higher priced precision. The difference is about US $575.

I am curious just how many panos others would have to shoot? For me that would be one project of 6 or more images. But for me I do this for a living so I look at it as an investment over time.

You can't go cheap with your tools. If you inspect the tools of any great craftsman you will find they are of the highest quality.   Good tools = a better looking pano. If you are doing panos for profit I think your tools should be of the best quality. It will  make the job easier and look better in the end. That means more business.

But then I have seen examples of home made pano heads with execellant results so your tools don't have to be expensive, they just have to work.

I guess it's like the old saying...you get what you pay for. At leaset that is what I tell my clients. LOL.