panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-28

VRs in Flash

I can't say I especially like the VR's in this tour especially as they're constrained to one axis, but tours in Flash is compelling.

http://www.wealddown.co.uk/weald.htm

Has anyone used Panoweaver panos in this way?

Cheers

Steiner

Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-29

I agree,  we looked at this type of flash presentation.  It is essentially a two way Left/Right scroller.  Lacks a floating mouse pointer.

One has to ask,  does the page deliver the clients imaging content.  I think it does.  Delivery technique is different but effective.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-29

I disagree with you on this one Dave.

The image quality is not up to par. And the "presentation" was a little boring. Kind of plain.

This could have been done a lot better using flash and html and have the benifit of using a better veiwer like PTviewr or quicktime. And still ended up with the same presentation.

A good flash inro. Plus some good flash headers and navagation with the panos using a spnerical viewer. I guess this is a question of custom design vs using a single presentation solution. Time vs money kinda thing

Does this page deliver the clients imaging content. Well yes it does but at what level. I give this presentation a 4 at best out of 10.

I just can't see the benifit of using flash to show panos until somebody makes a descent spherical veiwer for flash. Until then I think the use of Html and flash together is the best choice if you are going to use flash.

I know you have a custom flash script for your presentations and what you have is pretty good defintily better than the link.

I hope I haven't offended anybody especially if one of you guys did the tour. Just giving my honest opinion.

Gen. Lee

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-29

No offense taken Gen. Lee, we didn't do the presentation.  It was actually a museum I was going to offer my services to before I'd discovered this Flash presentation.

Re. the quality of the panos - I think we're all in agreement that they're pretty poor.  I think the issue is more that clients will happily go for this standard if they're not familiar with what could be offered with 360 panos...unfortunately.

I'm going to write to them for the hell of it just to see if they'd see the benefit of our type of offering.  I've no doubt that they won't - having spent the money on their existing tour.

Cheers

Steiner

Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design