panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-31

D70s with Nikkor 10.5mm

Hi All,

Just got me a new pano set
Nikon d70s and a Nikkor fisheye 10.5mm
and I'm sure everything is leveled when i take the pictures.

But still I have troubles stitching 6+T+B pictures in PW
Is there anyone out there who can help me out ?

Thanks

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-01
Quote:

PS: I can't get the pano to work from your link

[/QUOTE]

Now fixed, sorry about that.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-01

Willem, whats the file size in KB or MB of the pano used for

http://download.isn.nl/pano/pano.html

and what are the dimensions height and width in pixels?

thanks.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-01

Oh yes Matt...

I read my last comment... whilst I did say don't blatentenly advertise other software... it is ok to mention it. I myself use panotools for hi end stuff and PW 4.0 for most of my work.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-01
We are definitely willing to work with the members of this forum and Panoweaver to work out why these images won't stitch. I've just started using Panoweaver this morning so I'm not 100% up to speed with it yet. For some reason the T (top) and B (bottom) images will not show themselves in the final stitch ????

Anyway, here is my first attempt at stitching the samples that were posted in this thread. It's noticeably better in some places but it's still not perfect and it really should be.

Panoweaver Sample.

Again, if you understood what errors result from nodal point misalignments and knew what signs to look for in the source images you would agree 100% that it's not a nodal point issue.

I've been shooting panos for 15 years now and must have shot over 15000 individual nodes. I have a cupboard full of Kaidan and Manfrotto gear and I know a correct nodal point when I see one.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-01

Hi Guys,

Here's Willem again.
Thanks for the reply's.

First of all, i want to thank Matt for stitching my pictures.
The result is great

And guys, i must say, the 360precision really works fine, also the support is great   And Matt's demo is a fact.

After testing for many many hours  i think that PW software is not (yet) optimized for stitching 6 and 6+T+B (but..., that's what i think )

He, just paid more then 300 for the PW 4.0 update specialy tho work with full frame images 6+T+B and i can't stich the pics ?

Tonight i will continue testing with other software and see what happends.

Keep you posted !

Willem

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-02

360precision,

whats the file size of the final pano we see in Stitcher Sample?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-02
Quote: Originally posted by VT360 on June-02-2005

360precision,

whats the file size of the final pano we see in Stitcher Sample?

Hi,

The stitcher sample is 3.5mb. I didn't do anything to optimise it as it's the quality of the stitching that's the main point.

Matt
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-02

Hi Guys,

Ok, i'm the one who started this post.

I really appreciate your comments, but please please,
let's try to work something out here.
Personally i think the problem is PW4.0 and i can say that because i'm a easypano customer from the beginning !

Again, i invested a lot of money because PW says it can stich 6+t+b perfectly.

By the way, Matt/Stu deliverd a perfect stitch example with other software. And believe me, it really doesn't matter witch software i use. Simply it has to work.

Let's use our experience and get this thing working, so I and future users can stitch !!!

And, if the problem is not solved (stitching with PW4.0) I would ask easypano for a refund. So i can buy software that does.

Remember, i cannot tell my customers that we cannot shoot areas with trees, bricks and blue sky. Sorry, we only do the easy(pano) shots

Willem

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-02

Willem,

I have talked with the makers of Easypano today, and learnt more about the software (and tried my 1st stitch). Easypano does not support 8 image input (you probably know that), so that suggestion is out the window.

The only last hope for a successfull use of easy pano is to shoot again with your setup in a different room, get that pano working (I really think it should, we have got other 6 shot 10.5 to work fine), and then apply those settings to that outdoor pano. If you have lost the will to try anymore with easypano, understood, though if you forward me another 6 image set in the future I'll give it a go - this has me vexxed now, I want to see if there is a way to get around this problem.

Stu

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-02

Hi All,

Here is another test.
First i took new pics from my home as before.
As Stu adviced, I took 6 pics. And ... PW stitched the 6 pics to a pano (a few minor stitch errors)
Sample: http://download.isn.nl/pano/home.html
I also took the T+B pics, but that didn't work.

Then i took 8 (6+T+B) pics inside, and PW stitched the pano (ok again with a few minor stitch errors)
Sample: http://download.isn.nl/pano/office.html

I'm confused, is it possible that PW has trouble with stitching 6+T+B pics that are shot outside ?

Feel free to download the original pics:
http://download.isn.nl/pano/home.zip
http://download.isn.nl/pano/office.zip

Willem