panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-03

Hi, Willem
The images downloaded from http://download.isn.nl/pano/home.zip have no problem on stitching 6+T/B. Please see the auto stitched result www.easypano.com/download/temp/test/pano1.mov

http://download.isn.nl/pano/pano.zip This one does have problem. Because you shoot the T/B on the first rotation, instead of the last one. We adjust the orders when importing. Pic_01.JPG should be No.6. Pic_02.JPG is No.1. It stitches. But not so good.
www.easypano.com/download/temp/test/pano2.mov
pano1.mov has a better result. The photagraphy does affect the result.
Hope this helps.
Thank all of you. Easypano will keep improving the algorithm and make it produce a prefect result.

Best Regards,
Rosalba
Easypano, Inc.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-03

Rosalba,

Thanks for the help.

I'm really confused now.
www.easypano.com/download/temp/test/pano1.mov
Did you see the stitch error on the roof ?

Ok, a minor detail perhaps.
But , just like Easypano, my company goes for perfection and 100%
delivery. We cannot work with any error, minor or big. I hope you understand.

I'm sorry, but i have been testing for many many days now, and i haven't  made one 6+T+B pano that is really 100%.
And I mean no errors that a human eye can see.

Please show me i'm wrong, and tell me the software can deliver 100% 6+T+B pano's,
so i can go and buy me a new cam, lens or anything... Again it has to be 100%.

By the way, the company from the panohead i use, was so kindly to test with pics i couldn't stitch with PW.
So they tested with other software. Please take a look at: http://www.360precision.com/360/isn.cfm

I'll will make some new shots and concentrate on light etc.
and keep you posted.

Thanks
Willem

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-03

Stitch errors like that are usually caused by camera roll  or pitch.  Meaning that your pan head and camera orientation had a slight variance between image sets.

PW4 will let you add "Matching Points" so the stitching software will do a better job in correcting the original image alignment.

I did look on 360precision.com's website.  The only software mentioned on their home page is PTgui.  Ptgui will also let you add control points (function similiar to matching points).

Using PW4 add a couple of matching points up there on roof line.  That should straighten out that horizontal line... and possibly fix the lines in the window and floor line below.

For those of you that are using PW3.1 (3 shot)  you can manually stitch and correct for camera roll, pitch and yaw.

Its always best to have a properly levelled up set of orginally taken images the first time... and not depend on PW3, 4 or PTgui to make the corrections.

Hope this helps

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-03

agree with dave that ptgui use of control points makes the stitiching results far

more "controlled" hehehe than using other stitching softwares.

in the past i've used ptgui to stitch images who were nowhere and i mean nowhere near the nodal point and ptgui stitched them perfectly.

i would have get a mess if i autostitched with other softwares.

ptgui has a steep learning curve and just installing it requeires a degree

in mechanical engenireering!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-03
Thats why I choose PW. When I first started into pano work I instantly stummbled across ptmac and ptgui but it seemed really complex for a novice like me. After more research I downloaded PW and was able to start stiching in a very short period of time. (ok ok ... so my first results were bad because of the lack of a decent panohead...) The forums here were very useful and I've stayed true to PW because it still works for me 95% of the time with little hassle and no laaaaaaaarge learning curve. Saying that, I've now got to the point where I'll learn ptmac because I want to get a better handle on what I'm actually doing and see if I can understand the maths.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-03

ummm  thanks for the infomercial testimony!  lol j/k

i hear the ptgui /ptmac from kenkus is easier to use.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-04
If you use a standard process with your tripod and pano head you can stitch very fast with Panoweaver, if you take the pictures for your panoramas with a monopod or handheld it's better to switch back to Hugin, PTGui or PTAssembler - so it depends on your needs.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-04

Hi vt... I know it sounds like an infonercial... especially as a moderator...  however I say what I say out of true experience. You see my only bias towards Easypano is one based on being a happy user. I had no real PC/Pano/PS/DigiCam experience until about 3 years ago. I discovered panos by chance and thought "this is a great thing". My research really did take me here and I really did find Easypano to be the product I was seeking. There are many others out there and having tried many I moved toEasypanos/Panotools. Easypano worked for me as a novice and still does now that I'm more experienced. Panotools is a project I need time for... and have lacked. I was "promoted" to moderator without asking and have no ties/afiliations or financial/material interests to Easypano or other pano product in any shape or form. The reason I partake in this forum is only because I feel a certain loayalty to others who've helped me and I'd like to give a bit in return. Also I'm still very much on the learning curve and need the input myself. Apart from that I only support anything that I myself use and can stand behind. Easypanos products have a few glitches here and there that tend to get sorted or a work around is found. Perfect it ain't but it really does the job for most users and I for one would not be where I am with my work without this software.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not trying to justify myself or anything else... I'd just kinda like to show that I'm neutral with my participation and that my input is genuine rather then commercially led.  

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-04

phoenix, no worries. i know where ur coming from.

many of us have similiar stories.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-06-04
 phoenix