panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2002-12-17

Stitching 3 Fish Eyes?

Hello all,

I have a question, Panoweaver 3.0 supports 3 Fish Eye Images, What detent ring would you then use on your pano-head (Kaidan QuickPan III CS)?

As I don't own a 3 position detent ring, nor have I seen one on offer from Kaidan.

Anybody have an answer for me in this?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2002-12-18

As far as I know, the 3 stop detent ring is available from Kaidan.

Best regards

Willem

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2002-12-18

OR.. just shoot the 3 image series at 120 degrees each.  Just make an guesstimage for the positions.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2002-12-18

If you got a detent ring that has 18 positions that came with your pano head, then you can easily move each shot by 6 steps. That's one of the detent rings I got with my Kaidan and it worked just fine. Any detent ring that is a multiple of 3 should work for that matter.

BJ

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2002-12-18

Thanks all,

I do have the 18 position detent ring, great suggestion (retzone5) BJ

You are right (Any detent ring that is a multiple of 3 should work) your brain is working better then mine.

For those who helped I hope I can return the favour sometime.

Cheers, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2002-12-18

never mind einstein, we all have days like these, something else you may wish to consider is filling the holes around the detent disc with a substance like wall putty (gap filler) as this can be smoothed to the same height as the detent disc and allow you to carry out a rotation with less vibration. Using such a substance is not permenant as the putty can be easily popped out using a pen, screwdriver etc.This method will also cancel your chance of error in rotation (e.g. counting wrong no. of clicks when rotating)

Hope this is useful

Chad

Welcome to my world
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2002-12-18

Filling the detents with metal bonding 2 part epoxy glue might also work.   The idea is the same though...

I always have a hard time keeping track of the click count along with all the leveling and other steps needed for a successful image series. 

Removing the click stop counting.. definately improves the overall process.

Great Idea !  Thanks.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2002-12-19

Hello again,

trick with the epoxy would definitely work but since you have the 18 position detent ring, you could use a marker (or anything else) and mark on the side the right position.  This way, you won't have to count and loose count.

There are many ways to achieve the same thing.  Good luck! 

BJ