2002-12-19

Manual Stitch

Gratulation to the excellent V.3.0 Prof.,
Only few problems left:
1. stitching seam to dark
2. incorrect stitching in the area of nodal point and zenit
3. small display in manul stiching mode
4. batch processing

Ad. 1: We will see what is possilble in Photoshop with a feathered selection to brighten. Checking brighten seams helps, but not sufficient.

Ad. 2: Difficult, I usally correct stitching problems in diffent stitching software by small selection and use free transform in Photoshop. I think the PSD output isn't a really masked multilayered output, thus the transformation of the already fiexed seam between the two hemispheres will be difficult.

Ad.3: Use the Magnifying Glass in Windows (if you haven't installed install it from Windows-CD, hadikapped utilites section) - works great! But a zooming and window resizing feature (of manual stiching window) should be intergrated in a future version. I can only use 800x600 resolution without using magnifying glass.

Ad.4: See another post in this forum.

Regards,

blackrat

Game Panoshots (Thief, Thievery UT)
http://www.panoshots.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2002-12-20

Well be glad you have a 'Seam Brightener' in doing a 2 stitch. 

I have been told by other people  (pwpro3 only)

They like the idea that when loading up the originals by selecting image 1, the program assumes the following 2 are in the image series and loads them automatically.

If the images were taken out of sequence (rotate right to left 1.2.3)... like rotating to the left to right... its difficult to rearrange  3.2.1 or even load the image series.  A sort routine would be good.. or a reverse sort on file name.

In stitching a 3 stitch  you don't have that seam brightening option.  And a three stitch does not really attempt to blend images either... so you will have 1 piece of cloud in the sky.. which is chopped off.. and does not continue through to the adjacent image.  No method for altering the dewarping to a slightly different focal length.. like maybe 7.8, 7.9 or 8.2 so that the image will dewarp more or less for alignment.  A three stitch leaves overlap banding areas that are not blended.  The overlaps are left darker than the original images.

I also heard that the manual 3 stitch... is extremely slow (yes they are on a fast large capacity machine) and can't see (zoom in) the seams well enough to see if the two images are really lining up or not.

But that is only from I hear from other people using the PRo3.0.version.  I would have liked to beta tested this software.

With those issues resolved the software will sparkle like a star.

Dave 

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2002-12-26

Dave,

Why is it that you were not offered to beta test Panoweaver 3.0Pro?

Surley someone from the forum needs to be a beta tester, so as to inform others of progress or features.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2002-12-26

Thank you for the kind thoughts:  Actually someone from Easypano was very thoughtful and did.. and I have already begun to provide PV3 feed back. 

http://www.easypano.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=126&PagePosition=1

On our 360Texas.com Reserch and Development site I have set up a demo page:

http://360texas.com/tips/rd/pw30test/officespin.htm

As we learn more PW3 features or solve issues, we like to post the results so others can see how they are resolved.  The idea is to recycle knowledge back into the forum.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com