panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-07-25

Equipment to mount laptop to tripod

Does anyone know of any good product were I can mount my laptop to a tripod or a tripod I can purchase that allows me to mount my laptop?

Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer
360 Design Studio (Formally known as VirtualSV)
support@360designstudio.com

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-07-25

I guess you guys can ignore that question because I just thought that Its going to be impossible to keep the laptop out of the fisheye image, sorry stupid question, guess I just quit being lazy and carry it.

Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-07-25

i too did look for something similiar to what your thinking and dint really find anything.  i found a tripod that holds a laptop, acutally is a laptop stand. but then, where do you put the camera head and camera?

there's a laptop carrier that you hang from your chest.

search google for "laptop carrier" or similiar.

if you dont find it i'll try to do a search for it and see if i find it again.

btw, how many tours are you doing weekly? do you have any tips on

marketing?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-07-26

Here are some laptop tables:

http://www.pctabletote.com/

http://www.pctabletote.com/

The second one seems to have better reviews.

I have seen a laptop bag which hangs on the side of a tripod somewhere... but can't recall where. If you want a kinda table slung within the tripod... well you could make your own. If you get a round piece of metal or sturdy plastic (you should be able to get a sturdy piece of aluminum cut in ur local DIY/Hardware store), drill 3 holes equidistant at the edge, cover the metal with a rubber base (again found at DIY/arware store), then add 3 little clamps (something similar to what holds the bell on your bike, or one of those pipe clamps that you can tighten) to ur tripod and use those miniture hooks to hook into the metal (the hooks are obviosly attached to the clamps on the tripod) . Well then you should have what u require for very little money, time or effort.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-07-26
Another option would be something like a wireless file transmitter as Canon offers for the EOS-1Ds Mark II, the 1D Mark II and the 20D.

The name of it is WTF-E1

Canon writes:

"The Wireless File Transmitter is designed to enable photographers to transfer their images from their camera through a wireless network to a computer, whilst not interfering with the process of taking pictures.

The key advantage is to provide a faster workflow for professional photographers, allowing them to concentrate on the process of picture taking while the transfer happens automatically in the background."

Canon Site

I read in a german forum, it works well.

It costs about 1'000 Euro.

Markus
http://www.powertext.ch Canon 20D / Sigma 8mm / Roundshot VR-Drive
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-07-26
I found a cool program that is called the force, It enables you to set you camera at bulb and then make your laptop take the pictures, you you can click start and it will take 7 pictures at diffrent exposures with you you even touching the camera, im going to give it a try as soon as my laptop comes in. I wish they had that same program for a pda.
Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-07-26
I have found one for a pda but it doesn't shoot multiple pictures automatically at diffrent exposures, I believe the name of that one was snapixx.
Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-07-26
Miguel... any chance for a link to this programm?
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-07-26

Hi virtualsv

do you have the link to "the force"?

ys

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-07-26

The link for the force is:

http://velatron.com/dca/theforce/

It's a great program, I see potential in increasing workflow, you can purchase the serial cable for nikon cameras here:

http://www.harbortronics.com/cables.asp

Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-08-03
For Canon cameras, check out DSLR Remote Pro from BreezeSys. Soon to be released version will have bracketing settings in the GUI: I should know 'cos I got the devleoper to include it and have been using it for several months! Works really well so long as you can keep the laptop and leads out of shot!
Cheers,
Mark