panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-08-10

Yes, it $2.25/gallon here in this great oil producing State of Texas.  We cut way back on driving around our 50 square mile town.  Much rather buy on the internet and have it delivered.

A short thought about who is selling what to whom.  Vr's are a convenience for your client and THEIR customers.  I think what you are doing is helping (using VR's) your client sell their product which in turn helps improve their bottom financial line.

If 10 panoramas costs $2,000 package deal and their sales revenue is increased by only 3% then it follows that if they normally have a monthly cash flow of $500,000 in sales then you just helped them make $13,000 (17,000 - 2,000) they normally would not have had for that first month. They get the full $17k the next month.  AND if they keep doing business all year around, thats almost $200k  (1st month 12k, 2nd - 12th month 187k) additional revenue as the results of the panoramas. 

And please don't tell me that you are selling pano's for less than $200 each.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-08-10
Well, I'm still new at this and I haven't spoken to anybody about price yet. Still trying to figure out how long it takes me to do a pano. so far I've got it to about 2 panos/hour (after shooting, of course).

What's your opinion? I plan on seperating the shooting fee from the pano fee. In other words, I plan to charge a certain rate to come out to the location and shoot for a couple of hours. Then add a per pano fee for the panos I deliver. Or if I am doing a tour, I will work up a package price. Does that sound fair? Are others doing it that way?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-08-10

Hmmmm I think if you do a forum search on Pricing you might find alot already have been said.

Our bench time in the office is $80/ hr.

Our panoramas are $100 each w/ minimum of 5.  $200 just to go out to a site and shoot 1.

We work like this:  1 hour per panorama.  That typically is 8 minutes to shoot 1 (4 images and walk to next location) pano.  The other 52 minutes are used in photoshop post processing to include burning to a CD-R.  That also includes non productive time like driving to and from the photo site, answering the phone, break time etc.

A few other expense items you should consider are your milage expenses, local state (Texas 8.25%)  (or Europe VAT) sales tax and self employment tax 17% and Equipment depreciation and replacement expenses.

If you underprice your panorama product, soon you will be working for $5./hr.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-08-10

Thanks (Tex)   As you may have noticed the one page incomplete on my site is the pricing guide.  I am with a corporate aviation department and only doing this on the side.  Shoot in the morning, work with airplanes for a little while, stitch in the evening.  Your pricing scale is what I will be refering to (with your permision).  Then maybe someday I can produce panos looking like those of  Tex, Smooth, and others here and charge the big$.

Thanx, Pix

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-08-11
Hi

One important thing is, to build up a showcase.

The virtual tours are a visual thing. And therefore one have to show the product.

The more panos you do, the bigger your showcase will be and also your skills grow.

So grab all your friends with a business and make any deal with them. Go out in your town and do a VR Tour and so on ....

Markus
http://www.powertext.ch Canon 20D / Sigma 8mm / Roundshot VR-Drive