panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-01-07

Center of circle not center of rectangle

I took one portrait image into PhotoShop and located the mouse coordinates of the circle image center point.  You will note that my center of circle image is not horizontal center of rectangle.  Once you learn the X, Y and Radius crop of your camera and lens you can manually stitch your image.  Similar Images taken with another camera will be slightly different.  So learn where the center point is for each camera.  Here is a picture I took this morning.

Measuring start point  x=0 y=0 pixel is UPPER LEFT corner of image.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-01-08
If you crop the image before importing it as I described in my posting, Panoweaver grabs it with the circle off-center just fine. You can run the slider for the circle over its entire range and it won't change the position or radius by more than one pixel when the circular image has a hard edge like this. You have a good chance of not needing to do manual stitching and no need to set the circle position and size each time. Looks like your CCD is positioned better than mine! No clipped edge.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-01-09

While this additional cropping adds to the work flow durations, I think it has merit.  I did some initial testing using your Photoshop prestitch suggestions.  Got better than usual results while using version PWpro3.1.

Stitch time in 3.0 was typically 2 minutes.  With Version 3.1 stitching at CD res.. took 1+/- minutes using 3 full 5mb single .bmp images.  Definate stitch time  improvement results.

Suggestion: using a Nikon 990 and FULL Normal res which is 2048 x 1536 pixels.. then in Photoshop crop to say 1424 x 1424 square that lets you use 712 as the x, y and radius.

After 3 or 4 attempts.. PW3.1pro tried to size the diameter for the 3 shots at different locations.. and the results of the variable stitch did not produce an acceptable result.  By forcing the x, y and radius to 712  (1424/2) I got better results than 2 other software packages Im also testing.  I will try to upload to our R&D page this result. 

It might look good to you.. but I know where the errors are located.  If you can't find the errors.. can the client?? or the visitor??

I think Easypano folks added new algorythem set to 3.1.  This program is starting to act very professional.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-01-10

Ok.. more on the subject...  took 3 new images and pre processed them in PS.. then stitched those.  When you find the errors.. send me a note... or post a reply here in the forum... please

info on this page

http://360texas.com/tips/rd/pw30test/pw31spin.htm

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com