panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-08-22
Quote: also do you know any place to make custom controller in qtvr ?[/QUOTE]
Hi there:

Markus, thanks for the mention! I hope spinControl:VR is treating you well...

There are different ways to add auto-rotation and/or custom controllers to QTVR.

(I apologize in advance for not being very familiar with easyPano -- I believe it allows you to add an auto-rotation sprite to your QTVR, yes?)

Steve Gulie (author of QuickTime for the Web) has some free utilities for download -- included are an autorotate sprite and a controller.
http://homepage.mac.com/qt4web/sprites/items.html
You can't customize his wigets, and you'll need to add one or both to each QTVR you make.

--
I created a custom controller, which has buttons to do everything from pan to 'show hotspots', and will auto-rotate your VR -- there are free versions, and some which are for purchase (cheap!). Markus pointed you to one he uses on his site.

One of the good things about a controller like mine is that you can use it with any QTVR you make -- and you don't have to do anything with your QTVR. Just embed the controller, and you're set! This means you can have your QTVR without any extra tracks, which is good if you need to repurpose the VR.

Find out more about it at:
http://spincontrol.cheathamlane.net

--
To create your own custom controllers, you'll need a good piece of 'middleware' like VRHotwires ( www.vrhotwires.com ) or LiveStage Pro ( www.totallyhip.com ). These are applications that will let you script directly to QuickTime. They are slightly more complex than Flash or Director, if you're familiar with those applications.

HTH,

Patrick
spinControl:VR, an alternative QTVR controller
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-08-23
thanks for this help..

i used Steve Guile sprites and it works..

the only thing i am limited on is changing style of buttons.

i am a designer and would wish to make some good sprites if i could have help making those. cant buy softwares tho for testing :)
Nikon D100 | Sigma 8mm F4 FishEye | ManFrotto 303 SPH Pano-Head | ManFrotto 756B Tripod

MAK Patel
Technology Enthu
www.vox360.in
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-08-25
Quote: thanks for this help..

i used Steve Guile sprites and it works..

Hey there:

Glad they worked! :)

Quote: i am a designer and would wish to make some good sprites if i could have help making those. cant buy softwares tho for testing :)

Well I believe both VRHotwires and LiveStage Pro have demo downloads. They are both extremely powerful tools for creating interactive QTVR presentations.

Good luck!

Patrick
spinControl:VR, an alternative QTVR controller