Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-01

Brightness Help

Here's my equipment configuration:

Canon 20D

Sigma 8mm

303 SPH Panohead

I've been having trouble getting the brightness to be consistent between images.  Does anyone know the ideal camera settings for getting the best brightness consistency between images?  I usually use an AE lock, and it works great when there is good lighting.  However, in rooms where there is a bright source, such as one window or one lamp, there is a considerable difference between some of the images.  I would like to fix this issue at the source and not have to do any post processing.  Any ideas?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-01

Use manual settings for exposure time and F settings and you should be clear I think.

Regards Markus

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-01
Also if you have high contrasting areas in a room, choose the mid point of exposure, so the light isnt too bright and the dark isnt too dark. Remember though its often easier to fix an under exposed image than it is an over exposed image.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-02

Or use bracketing and shoot 3 exposures on each stop. Stich and blend.

This whey you get the best of both worlds. Bright windows form underexposed shot, and dark room corners brighten up with overexposured shots.

Regards Markus

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-02

I am sorry to inform you that you will have to do some post processing unless you want to output crap.

There is no way you can just shoot and stitch without doing post processing.

Exterior shot are easy. Anyone can take exterior shots.

But when it comes to interior shots with mixed lighting and bright windows and many other varialbes it is going to take  some work to get good images.

First, you have got to photograph from the center of the room or scene. If you can not avoid a bright light source close to the camera then turn that light off or choose another location in the scene.

Second you must use FULL MANUAL settings and select the ISO, white balance, shutter speed and apiture your self. If the camera is left to determin this for you in any way you will end up with inconsistant images.

I just replied to a post that may of interst to you located here
http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=1472&PagePosition=1

Gen. Lee