panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-14

yet another website review

Just submitted the site to the search engines.  However, could use some constructive criticism on how it turned out.  Been getting a little better results on the panos too.  Should have a complete virtual tour in the next couple of days.

thanks, pixel

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-14
Your prices a WAY too cheap mate! dont work your guts off for pennies!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-14

I have been very confused about what to charge.  An article here on the forum somewhere dave "360texas" says $100 minimum.  So I kind of based it some what on that, adding the $25.00 appointment fee to the $75.00 vitual tour.  With more practice on my panos, where I can deliver a top quality product, was then going to raise it up a bit.  Other than my pricing I trust the site looks o.k?  Any tips on pricing?  Thanks for the input mate

regards, pixel

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-15

That rate is 100$ each with minimum of 5.  Total is $500 for a project.  But then.. you need to think about how the client is going to use the images. 

Realtors typically only use the images for 60days (until property closes) then images have no value.  Basically throw away panoramas.  Repeat business is high.  So work is based on volume.  More houses, more panoramas.

Hotels and destinations are a different market.  Images have higher value for several reasons.  Lets say the client has a $100,000 monthly cash flow revenue.  They have a website online using single 2D images.  In a recent Best Western Hotel article it was learned that the use of panoramas helped increase online bookings by 48% in 2004.  Typically, panoramas on Hotel websites have a useful life of 5 years or until the hotel gets remodeled. 

That means that using panoramas online helped increase that monthly cash flow from $100k to $148k or an increase of $48,000/month. 

If you took 10 panoramas for that hotel, and charged $500 each for a total project cost of $5,000.

month 1 $43,000 x 1 ($48k - $5k panoramas) 

11 months  $48,000 x 11 = $571,000.

First year  cash flow 571k + 43k = $614k increase

For the remaining 4 out years:

48 x 12 = $576k x 4 years = $2,304,000

Whats wrong with this picture ?

They give you $5,000 and they make $2.3m.    I don't think you are charging enough for your panoramas at $500 each. 

Come to think of it,  I should take another look at my pricing page.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-15

Updated the price   Do need to do some more work on adding detailed info but running short on time this morning.  Thanks for the input.

Pixel

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-09-15

Hi Pixel,

Mate, here are my observations.

• I hate the font used for basic text *Yuk* "Times Roman" for me Times Roman is the font people use that don't make an effort. Personally I suggest you change to Ariel - Verdana or even Tahoma.
  • You must lose the easypano loading screen and replace it with your own. The loading bar colour needs to match your website colours also.
  • Your sample panorama takes way too long to load. Maximise the compression and size.
  • Add some "padding" to your table cells. 5 is a good setting. Text and boxes should not touch each other.
  • Tone down the "green" scroll bar (Hex = #28FD01). The green is fine only a little too bright. Try and match to your logo green (Hex = #79E767)

Apart from that I fined the site easy on the eye, easy for customers to navigate and all in all just the way a good website should be. Simple!

Regards, Smooth 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-15

Talking about working for pennies!

Let me tell you about the South African situation.

The ave rate per scene is $23 for a real estate tour.

So here's the deal -  outsource it to us for $50 and we will all be laughing.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-15
OH my goodness how can they do it for so cheap??? The trip down to the location, shooting time, back to studio, processing of images, sento the CD to client, back to studio again.... all these for $23/scene.???? unbelievable....
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-16
tour does not equal tour... you can always get some fool to work for peanuts... peanuts=monkeys.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-17

Our tours equal tours: http://www.vizmark.co.za//demo1/Tourviewer_dewet.html

Monkeys = people who do not understand global economics.

Our cost of living is far cheaper....ouch!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-17

Disclaimer: The following are the thoughts of Gen. Lee. I assume all consequences for my comments. Should my comments offend anyone or the moderators of this forum please contact me and I will remove my comments.

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT

$25 to $50 dollars for a 4 images virtual tour of good quality is "peanuts" in the USA.

This price range is "hoeing" out your work.

This price range devalues your talent, your hard eaned knowledge and was set by a bunch of money grubbing carpet baggers about 6 years ago with a patent.

There legacy still haunts all panoramic photographers. Their plan was to put out of business all others and to control the market with a price range that most could not afford to compete against. Their plan was to create a large base of "work for hire" photographers who would proceed to make them a bunch of money at the expense of your hard earned knowledge and expertise. Thier plan failed miserabley.

EXCEPT the price range they set is still a part of the market. This is to the great delight of all real estate agents. Now the carpet baggers have changned tactics. We are stuck with the "hoe" rate and now they are getting $250 a month or more for "marketing" using their various nationally known web sites. The big 3 as I refer to them.

This would not be possible if we did not continue to submit to this rediculous price point. In fact the shoe would be on the other foot. We shoud be getting $250 a tour and they should be getting $50 a month for their glorified MLS markting service.

It is the virtual tour that sells the property NOT the search indexing service. Leads do not mean jack unless the lead(customer) can view a virtual tour. If this is not true then why do we have virtual tours to begin with.

At this very moment I am writing a document about real estate virtual tour photography and how to charge for your services in this market. I will post a link to it when it is done.

There is a big misconception about the VALUE of a virtual tour and how one should charge for these services. This misconception is in the real estate community and is what drives the price range in this market.

The only way to change this is to educate the customers in a way that makes sense to them. And to STOP "hoeing" out your works. It is a valuable product that takes skill, knowledge, expensive equipment, expensive software, time and money to create.

It is not fair that ad agencys, newpapers, glossy magazines, and link farms are making all the money at the expense of our hard earned talent and knowledge.

It is time to take control of the market. It is up to us.

This thread may be of interest:
http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=1213

I will charge 1 million dollars

Cheers!!!!!!!

Gen. Lee
AKA "Doctor Evil"