panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-21

cropping pano

Hi All

first post and its a question as you probably expected.

I am doing real estate panos and have upgraded to canon 350d, sigma 8mm, agnos mctp short. (Overkill your probably thinking but I want to do other stuff too). My question is this - I can stitch the panos in Panoweaver 4 no prob (only 4 shots - no T+B) but for real estate I dont supply a full spherical pano; just cylindrical from ceiling to floor only. How can I produce a cylindrical full screen pano without viewing the big "black holes" at the top and bottom. Can you limit the viewing extremes or crop the original stitched pano?

I sell these at a standard rate but can use the same image ie full sherical but not cropped, at extra charge!

I tried cropping in another photo prog but pano4 will only accept 1:6/6:1 aspect ratios.

Any ideas

Many thanks and look forward to joining you all on a regular basis  

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-21

Hi Crafty,

Welcome to the forum.

The answer to your question is to simply reduce the tilt setting when publishing your panorama in P4. On the general tab when publishing your pano the setting for tilt are:

MIN = -90 DEFAULT = 0 MAX = 90 .

Change these setting to your requirements ie:

MIN = -70  DEFAULT = 0 MAX = 70.  When viewing the pano you will be restricted to viewing the full pano from floor to ceiling. As you will notice you can also set the FOV & Pan on this page.

Hope this helps  

Regards

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8mm, Agnos MrotatorTShort, Photoshop CS, Panoweaver 3 & 4
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-09-21

Excellent exactly what I needed!

Many Thanks