panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-11-02

Tour in TW + embedded QT

hi guys,

here is a demo and a layout i use for CD presentations. I've embedded a PDF and a 2 QT tours within the map funtion and the java pano spheres. the QT's aren't optimised for streaming... so the 1.4MB file size may take a bit to load. but i hope u like them and will appreciatte any comments as these are all taken with my 3 Month Canon 20d 8mm set up.

link

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-11-02

That is a GREAT presentation.  Thank you for showing this to us.

Imaging is fantastic. Colors are good,  through the windows turned out quite well. Specially the wooden deck area shows well. 

AHHH gotcha !  - glass cabinet doors reflect like mirrors.  Setting up off set from the room center was a good idea.  Ceiling lights do not get caught in the zenith area.  I particularly HATE wood floors, ceiling tiles, floor tiles.

I see you used the %100 h %100 w on the QTVR's.    1.4mb is really ok  we use between 1 to 1.8mb for broadband QTVR's.

I do like the TW layout.  Only 1 thing I might add is a caption for the two mouse over round QTVR buttons in the upper right corner.  I was surprised when clicking them the QTVR loaded up quite fast.

Thank you for the show and tell.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-11-02

Thanks Dave,

I'm also quite pleased with the presentation. It reflects the look of our website. This is only a demo version. The full version has various url links built in and even flash add ons. The QT logo will be built in the future... the add on of the QT's in the map function was a last minute idea with the client waiting next door for the presentation demo.

Oh yes, insted of going the usual way of sizing the image don in one step, i steped down in 3-4 steps useing 20% unsharp mask and 45% unsharp mask when at target image size. I find this impoves the final image by around 25% without any noticable file size increase. panos in java are 1600x800 and weigh in at around 130 and 170 kb. viewer is 440x330.

QT 100% h 100% w... still learning to use QT's... any better suggestions to sizing them?? We left it this size so that the QT fits any window size automatically... bit of java helped there.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-11-02

Only other thing I would have done with the QTVR's would be to add in the Autorotate sprite.  I know that PW won't do that (yet?)

Pano2qtvr and panocube+ will.  Also I would use gray preview tiles inlieu of a plain black grid screen waiting for the movie to load.

I will give that image reduction / sharpening technique a try. 

We have a photo session with a new client next Saturday.  Its a health clinic/hospital.  Believe it or not.. they called me first.  Signed contract about 3 days later.  We set up a demo page for them.  We only have 1 pano setup right now (using another clients pano) until we can populate the site with the actual work. 

It is not as fancy as yours, ours is just a display page to show their facility.  The Dallas advertizing and marketing firm is rebuilding their hospital clients web site.  They will add our pano work to their site next week.

http://www.360texas.com/services/sr/nthdenton/index.htm

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-11-02

hi Dave,

Is that Fabios PTveiwer ur useing to display large screen javas with?

Presentation. I've found that a good presentation with easy to use controls adds huge value for the end client. We, who know of the power of tours and and are able to imagine what can be done, are a not the end client. they tend to lack imagination and require the work presnted to them in bite size forms. By adding a nice design to the tour ur able to up the value of the product and accoringly the price. Lets face it... if u go into a BMW, Mercedes or Porsche showroom u expect a great environment which will also enduce u to buy the product. i'm doing the same. packageing the environeemnt to help sell the product.

This packaging has allowed me to double the price of my work as the perceived value has increased. tomorrow I'm meeting with a large building co to negotiate doing 38 tours in similar quality as the ones shown. The best thing is that the sales guy who initialy was my way into the firm told me to double up my initial asking price per pano as he felt the work was worth it. I love clients like that... they want me to hike my fees.... crazy crazy world. Anyhow... I'll know more tomorrow... hope it does work out... 300 per image x 38 houses x as many images each house require (3-13 per house) + add ons for CD publication, website creation, maps, links.... Yikes... would make a nice xmas present.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-11-02

Looks like you are on a ROLL   now GO WILD !!!!

Yes, I agree with your client.  Ours did almost the same thing.  I was going to do 2 hospital sites for the price of 1.. just to get the project.  But the web designer said that the Advertising and Marketing Firm was accustomed to dealing with "value" versus "quality".  So I submitted our proposal with the higher pricing structure.  The did not even negotiate.. they had the budget $$.  And they accepted our pricing.

What can I say ???  Other than the quality has to be there to begin with... and certainly yours is right there on top !  Oh and we are only talking about the panorama imaging... which is our core product focus.  We have not gotten into add on's.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-11-02
good on u dave... I look forward to seeing the results.