panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-12-08

Why do you guys think Ajay can't see the tour?

This tour is as simple as it gets. Plain html calling the applett. I am using "Ptviewer2.8L2"

I am using CSS layers to position elements on the page. Could this be the problem?

I had a similar problem at my clients office. The same client by the way. This is a new Dell running "NT". The very same Dell but running XP can see the tour. I suspected it was a JVM issue. He went to SUN and installed the latest JVM and it still won't work.

---------

HI Dave,

Thanks for checking out my tour.

Yea, you are right about the zoom parameters. This tour is several weeks old and I have since changed my template to limit the zoom parameters.

I have been using an initial FOV of "110" because it gives the image a little more angular resolution which makes the image a little sharper. Plus it gives a wider view of the space.

I have used FOV of "90" in the past but this seems too confining to me. I feel like I am looking through a hole while standing back 5 feet. But this really depends on the size of the space.

I have had comments about the distortion at the edges of the image as it rotates. But this is a side effect pano rendering that occurs at all FOV. True it is increases with an increasing FOV.

Do you think it is really bad? It's a trade off between a wide view/sharper vs "normal" looking fov.

Fov of "90" is what the humane eye has and this is why it looks "corrected" at this setting. But because we are seeing the image through a "viewing window" we have less FOV.

Mabey I should use FOV of "100" to reduce the distortion a little.

What do you think

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-12-08

smooth, please check the pm i sent you and let me know i f you can help a brother.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-12-09
Gen Lee
Tried to view again this morning as I thought it might have been a connection issue. Same problem i'm afraid - no panos!
Regarding FOV i think 110 reflects natural vision better as it takes account of peripheral vision. 90 or even 100 always seems unnatural to me.
aj
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-12-09

Ajay,

Did you try the "56 k version". I added two panos that are about 200k.

General Lee

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-12-10
Gen Lee
Tried again today using Safari, IE 5.2 for Mac and IE6 for PC, all now working. Looks like it may have been a connection issue, which I suspected. Think that your clients client was probably having similar issues. Have noticed over the last week that the internet generally is more problematic than usual, maybe a consequence of increased traffic at this time of year.
Good luck
Alan
aj