panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-12-17

Help! New!!

Help! I am new.. I am looking to buy the studio 05 that comes with both.. I currently use and own these cameras.. The Canon EOS 20D, and the Canon Power Pro Shot 1.. Thing is.. I am not going to be using the 20D for this work.. I therefore would want to use my Power Pro Shot 1.. Is this compatible with the stitching software.. If not Question 2, could I then purchase the Canon G6, then get the wide lense model wc-dc58n ? I prefer to use a Canon and for this kind of photography, I also prefer a camera with a fixed lens..

How hard is using this software for a person not that computer knowledgable?.. I do know the basics that has gotten me by..

Thanks I really appreciate any help at all!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-12-17

Panoweaver uses spherical fisheye lenses for example

Nikon 990 and Nikkor FCE8 or FC-E9
Nikon D70 and Nikkor 10.5

Canon rebel XT [350d] Sigma 8
Canon 20d Sigma 8
Canon 5d Sigma8

And other cameras and hardware needed found on this page

http://www.easypano.com/product_32_147.html

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-12-17

You can use the Canon G6  and a Nikon FC-E9 Fisheye lens by using the Canons adaptor LA-DC58D and a 58mm-46mm step down ring. These should then be mounted to an Agnos MrotatorB Panorama Head from www.agnos.com

You can expect good results with this combination. Though not of the standard that you would produce with the Canon 20D and Sigma 8mm.

The convenience would be you could shoot full 360 degree panorama's with as little as two shots as the image would be full circular.

Regards, Smooth 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-12-17

What about using the actual fisheye lens though from canon? the wc-dc58n? its magnification is .7 x  .........

i am studying every little thing on here so carefully.. so i already do see all of this information that was provided....... ill cut and paste

Panoweaver uses spherical fisheye lenses for example

Nikon 990 and Nikkor FCE8 or FC-E9
Nikon D70 and Nikkor 10.5

Canon rebel XT [350d] Sigma 8
Canon 20d Sigma 8
Canon 5d Sigma8

And other cameras and hardware needed found on this page

http://www.easypano.com/product_32_147.html

Dave.............

but this is not really helping me because i am looking right at this same information..

let me stress these 2 factors......

I prefer to use a Canon and for this kind of photography, I also prefer a camera with a fixed lens..

but if none of the other canons are compatible i totally understand.. i guess specifically i want to know if i could use the caNON g6, and if i could get the fisheye lens from canon? why do i have to get it from nikon and everything.. cant i use the $200 one from canon and still get the same conversion lens adapter?

last thing.. what about the nodal ninja ?

thank you for your help.. everyone and everything is appreciated

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-12-17

http://www.canoncompanystore.com/epages/annex.storefront?ProductDetail=8158A001AA

would it work ? and on the nodal ninja ?

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-12-17

Canon do NOT make a full circular lens. You need 8mm 180 degrees plus.

The Nodal Ninja is one of the best cheap "you figure it out" panorama heads. But is is NOT a precision panohead that has the nodal point of the lens Pre sorted in the correct "no brainer" position.

Give up on the "All Canon" route. You will need a lens from either Nikon or Raynox. NO others will do the job on a Canon G6.

You could try of course with the .7x Canon wide angle lens with Panoweaver 4.0 but my guess is that it will be an expensive mistake. We have played with multiple camera lens and Panorama heads now for many years. If Canon offered a lens that worked or was any good for this application will certainly would have heard about it.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-12-17

You should try and get a sample set of images shot in rotation from the Canon lens. That way you could test the stitching. Only change I could see would be 6+1 shots if it give a good wide shot when mated to the native camera glass.

All that said you would also need to compare the quality of the shots from this converter lens.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-12-17
the thing is.. i am buying this camera.. i kinda would like to know before i buy.,, and im waiting to buy.,.. i dont want to go out and spend a thousand and it doesnt work ,,,, like that..... i am so confused.. so it looks like the canon g6 wont even work as well ?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-12-17
which one from raynox ?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-12-18

I am confused.

Please rephrase..  what camera you have now that you are going to use on "This" project?

Or is this correct ?

"I prefer to use a Canon and for this kind of photography, I also prefer a camera with a fixed lens.."

I too would use the Canon 20d.  The Sigma 8 is a "Prime" fixed lens.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-12-19

Fixed as in non interchangeable - permanently attached to the camera.

Or as Dave suggests, fixed focal length - non zoomable lens.

Regards, Smooth